mediocrity (Read 451 times)

pae

Breaking news. All mediocre hobbyists who participate in group events get sunshine blown up their asses.

Trolling seems to be an exception to this.

Breaking news. All mediocre hobbyists who participate in group events get sunshine blown up their asses.

That explains a lot. I thought it was something I ate.

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Who's mediocre?

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

kcam

Is that Kenny Stabler?  Man, he was MONEY in the 70's, not so much now from what I've read.

Who's mediocre?

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Is that Kenny Stabler?  Man, he was MONEY in the 70's, not so much now from what I've read.

It is!  I'm a third generation Raiders fan.  I had no choice in the matter as I was branded at birth..  Being born in the late 70's, I haven't had the chance to experience a good run (not discounting the "Gruden" era, of course).  I recently branded my son.  He's only 16 months old and has no clue what being a Raiders fan is, but I know he will thank me someday.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

paulski66

miscreant

I embrace my mediocrity and celebrate it with all the lackluster enthusiasm I can muster.

+1

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Roses Revenge

My mediocrity has put me in the top 3 in AG in more than half the races I've done.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

2 of 10 on the troll scale.  Too obvious.  ...

Well, the topic is mediocrity.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Menace to Sobriety

I have delusions of mediocity.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

No Talent Drips

Dei Gratia

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

My fat, cigarette smoking, doughnut eating, beer swilling, couch-bound friend wants my marathon "participation medal" ...  He can't have it ... he didn't participate.

Tim 

Jan26.2

Why is running the only sport where mediocrity is not only accepted but praised? It reminds me of the courtesy clap that is given to all of the runners who just finish the race. This may be the reason that Americans cannot compete on the world stage.

Note: this is not a jab at people who train hard for their own personal goals, but the mindset of races having a lot of swag, chip timing and getting praised just for showing up.

So...why don't you post a pic of yourself running the Olympic Marathon Trials, or running neck and neck with one of the elites? Then all of us medicores can bow to you and help you celebrate your elite status.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

xhristopher

Isn't mediocrity relative?

#artbydmcbride

My relatives are...

Runners run

Why is running the only sport where mediocrity is not only accepted but praised? It reminds me of the courtesy clap that is given to all of the runners who just finish the race. This may be the reason that Americans cannot compete on the world stage.

Note: this is not a jab at people who train hard for their own personal goals, but the mindset of races having a lot of swag, chip timing and getting praised just for showing up.

Because if it wasn't I'd go home and cry from low self-esteem after every race.