Frostbite Half Marathon (Read 1084 times)

mikeymike

You can do that on your GPS too. If you don't want to look. I think you can. But I like to look.
    Yup. Though to me the real beauty of the GPS is you don't need a track at all. You can set the intervals by time or distance or a combination of both--which is something that's tough to do on a track. For example 4 x 2 MILES with 2 MINUTE jogs. I have a few workouts like that pre-programmed on the GPS. After my warmup of whatever distance or amount of time I feel is sufficient, I hit the lap button and it does the rest. It's nice because I do a lot of my workouts in the dark and I don't have to worry about trying to read the display as I pass under a streetlight. Just go when it says go, jog when it says jog and use the GPS to collect the data so I can look at it later.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Though to me the real beauty of the GPS is you don't need a track at all. You can set the intervals by time or distance or a combination of both--which is something that's tough to do on a track. For example 4 x 2 MILES with 2 MINUTE jogs.
      I feel another purist slowly being pulled towards the dark side... Surprised

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.