map issue (Read 419 times)

Jazz hands!

hi eric! I'm having a weird problem with maps with no routes on them--I have one marked with water stops, bathrooms and traffic lights but no route on it, so when I make a new route I just make a copy of that map and I know where I can make pit stops and cross streets and stuff. The weird thing is that, when I bring up that map, it comes up on Palo Alto, even all the marked stuff is in Los Angeles. Making a copy of the map is the same--brings up Palo Alto. Editing the map to focus on my area and saving it doesn't work. Making a new map is totally fine, comes up right where I put it. The log is a slight improvement, I will admit--copying a map used to bring up somewhere in Kansas. Thanks! MTA: I'm running Firefox 3 on a MacBook with OS X (10.4.11, whatever big cat that is. Tiger I think.)
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run
    eric :)

hi Squeaky, Perhaps it's not a good design. The map will center on the route only. If it has no route, then it will start at your default location. If you don't have a default location specified, which I think you don't, it will start at Palo Alto (home of Google). One way to work around this is by creating a small route that you can delete after you copy the map. Could you be more specific on:
      Editing the map to focus on my area and saving it doesn't work.
      Is the saving acton that didn't work, or the focus on the saved map didn't work?

Jazz hands!

The saving action worked, but the focus of the map wasn't affected. I think I have my default location set right--under Locale Settings, the map that comes up there is the one I put there. I'll just use the workaround, which I can't believe I didn't think of already. Thanks!!
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run