Garlic Festival 10K (Read 568 times)

A Saucy Wench

Very happy with my race today. PR on a hilly course. I feel good with my splits, despite what they look like, they were very even effort. I felt strong on the long uphill segments even when people powered past me and had enough to take it through the rollers at the end at a strong pace. Mile 1 7:23 rollers generally flat to down Mile 2 8:29 steady up Mile 3 8:24 steeper up but rolling breaks Mile 4 6:56 steep down followed by rolling Mile 5 7:35 rolling net flat to down Mile 6.2 9:13 (~7:45pace) rolling net uphill Time 48:02, 1st in AG Plus they had medals for AG awards and I really wanted one because they were cool and got it!: MTA: Course records for this course are ~36 for men and ~40 for women so feel pretty good about my time, not a hugely fast course.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JakeKnight

Nicely done! MTA: Out of idle curiosity ... garlic? Were vampires involved?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

PR on a hilly corse. Great job. Cool How do you cross out type in 5K 10K HM, M

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

PR on a hilly corse. Great job. Cool How do you cross out type in 5K 10K HM, M
          [s] [/s] except use < instead of [ instead="" of=""></ instead of [>

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Nicely done! MTA: Out of idle curiosity ... garlic? Were vampires involved?
            The town it is in produces a lot of elephant garlic, so there is a elephant garlic festival every year. There is even garlic beer. The slogan is "Fun Stinks"

Congrats, Ennay! Mmm ... garlic.
                I finished 1 minute in front of you. I had a great race. Congrats on placing first in AG.

A Saucy Wench

I finished 1 minute in front of you. I had a great race. Congrats on placing first in AG.
                  Hey! you from around here? What else are you planning?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! What a great time. Good discipline on the hills! It's hard on me when I see people passing me there.
                      Congrats on the PR and the AG win, Anne! Lots of awesome sauce going on around here today.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hey! you from around here? What else are you planning?
                        Yeah I live near nike. The next two I'm doing for sure are the race for the cure and the turkey trot.

A Saucy Wench

I might do the turkey trot since it isnt my year to cook.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Great job on the PR!
                              Congrats! Sounds like it was a great race.
                                Way to go Ennay, You are getting really strong...8:05 avg for 1st 3 miles and 7:23 for last 3.2! Congrats on new PR, AG win, and some hardware to go with it.
                                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33