RunningAHEAD licensed training log to Runner's World (Read 6754 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Next time, you should add in a per-log-use fee as part of the license agreement Big grin

gimme some sugar, baby

Wow... congrats Eric! I'm really impressed!
      George: Runner/Law Student
      www.gimme-five.com
        Good for you. You've gone out of your way to not only create the best training log on the web but kept it free of cost and free of ads. As a fellow professional geek, I fully appreciate the time and effort that goes into running a web application like RA. The quality of your work speaks for itself and it sounds like you are getting something back for it. The fact trade publications would rather work with you vs compete with you is probably the biggest compliment you could get from a professional standpoint. Congrats eric.
        fastarrow196

I tell everyone to use this site, so you'll still get plenty of new members....This is by far the greatest site in the world and no matter if a million companies get to use ideas or whatever I'll continue to use this one because it is so incredibly easy to use...
            Yes, your log is awesome!
            Mimir

Eric, congratulations!

Imminent Catastrophe

Way cool! Congratulations.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You'll ruin your knees!

I'll jump on the bandwagon. Eric, I am proud of you. You had/have a lot of integrity and have used it liberally from the beginning. When I came here, I was a bit tenative to put my data out there, having been burned by another web based logging tool. You NEVER let me down, in fact, you made me feel as if I were a part of this...this...community! You have created a good thing here...much more than just a tool. I regularly visit the RW forums (trail running) and feel there is good community there, but we just exist on the RW forum...as zoomy says...RW ain't got no soul! Anyway, I am thrilled that you have been recognized as a leader/pioneer in this category and I certainly hope you profited from all your hard work! Your brother in running, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Just wanted to join in and say Congratulations too, Eric!! I visited RW and I agree...the spirit just isn't there!! You've created such a fantastic site! THANK YOU for all of your hard work! We're proud of you and forever grateful!! :heart: ~Joni~
                    Eryn

I think lots of folks on the site would agree with me on this one: RA satisfies my inner geek like none other. I used to do so much of this on Excel, but it's just so easy with RA to geek out and graph and track anything and everything. This site just rocks for logging runs. I like it better than my old-fashioned .xls files.... and I love tracking in excel. That says a lot. Thanks so much, Eric. This site is really the best there is; I hope RW paid up!! Eryn

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

tgoutzie

Eric, Your site rocks my friend and for RA to actually want to pick up your log and run with it says alot about how their truly value your work. I'm not moving from your site and a look forward in future developments. Cheers/Theo (Down Under runner)
                          It would be nice to be able to design a route, then print it out, possibly in multiple pages if it is a long route, and use it as a guide when running the reoute. Thanks, Ken
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Ken. You can do this right now. Go ahead and make your route and save it. Then, view it (as opposed to edit it ). Once you have it up in the viewer, select the picture of a printer. You'll get a screen that looks kind of like this: http://www.runningahead.com/print_map.aspx?mid=d129293beabd4078b7c60af42cce550f&a=0. That will print out correctly, though the elevation graph won't fit on the same page. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm glad I found this site first because for some unknown reason, my work has banned the Runner's World Forum and training log.
                              "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

Runs With Kid

Holy cow!!! Great news Eric!! Sorry I haven't been around on RA or with the club...but I'm back into it! You'll have to tell me all about this stuff next time I see you. oh...do you have room on your Lake Winnie team for me?