Light AND Cushioned (Read 657 times)

I got a pair last week and have to agree.  They feel quite dead to me too, they'll do a job but I don't understand the fuss - the upper is nice though.

If I could stitch the upper of these onto the midsole of the green silence I think I'd have the perfect shoe.

That would be a real winner, love the Green Silence but they should have called it the Mission Impossible. 

As always, should you or any of your RA Force be DNSed, DNFed, caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.  This shoe's upper will self-destruct in five miles.  Good luck, BadDawg.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I get 800-1000 miles out of pretty much any shoe I've tried but lately my feet are feeling a little beat up. 

I usually put my kicks in "rain-mode" after about 350miles, then retire them once past 450 or so.

How do you know if your shoes are shot?  Other than going by the (fox in the hen-house) recommendation by the running shop, I wouldn't know unless the shoe fell apart or I got injured.

I'd rather not get injured -- so I "play it safe" by throwing money at the risk, hoping it will go away.

I have one pair of ASICS Gel 1160s that must have close to 900 miles on them -- about 200 walking around after the lawnmower.  Still "feel" okay (that very comfortable but dead feeling you get out of old running shoes).  But i wouldn't run a marathon in them,

How do you decide?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

I haven't been excited about all the Boost advertising I've seen around. Boost just makes ugly shoes uglier and more expensive. These are ugly but what do I care so I picked up a pair. I used a coupon but it didn't help much.

I think these qualify as 'light and cushioned.' They have just over a 10mm heel drop, which I like. These aren't quite as light as they look (about 8oz, I think) but are certainly more cushioned in the heel than they look. Heel strikers rejoice!

The lack of overlays over the toes is a huge bonus to me.

As for those Adidas Temps I posted about earlier in this tread … They have been fantastic. I picked up another pair at half price and will be looking for a third soon. They are proving to be durable too. Probably good for over 500 miles of heal striking madness.

These Adios are a little lighter and more cushioned than those Tempos.

Follow up:

1. For the last couple months I haven't discerned the difference between Boost and Pure Foam marketing. I think I finally figured that out.

2. These Adios Boost shoes gave me a half dollar size blister on the bottom of my foot 8 miles into this month's half marathon. I don't recall this ever happening. Conditions were dry and I was wearing my usual race socks (Wrightsocks). I haven't forgiven them and haven't run in them since. Usually I'll only get a blister if it's a rainy race 30K or longer...

I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and run Boston in a pair of Tempo 6s. They have been great.

I usually put my kicks in "rain-mode" after about 350miles, then retire them once past 450 or so.

How do you know if your shoes are shot?  Other than going by the (fox in the hen-house) recommendation by the running shop, I wouldn't know unless the shoe fell apart or I got injured.

I'd rather not get injured -- so I "play it safe" by throwing money at the risk, hoping it will go away.

I have one pair of ASICS Gel 1160s that must have close to 900 miles on them -- about 200 walking around after the lawnmower.  Still "feel" okay (that very comfortable but dead feeling you get out of old running shoes).  But i wouldn't run a marathon in them,

How do you decide?

I take a similar approach.  Somewhere over 400 and usually before 450, unless I'm just sick of the shoe.  There have been a few cases where the shoe just felt off and I retired because of that or the opposite where I felt like it had a lot more life in it and went 500+.

kcam

How do you decide?

Actually, I have very little clue as to when my shoes are 'shot'.  I've never thrown away or retired shoes because they fell apart or wore out.  I mostly get rid of or retire them when I'm sick of them and want some new shoes.  I haven't really been injured in years so going by that I would never get rid of any of my shoes.  One of my favorites is a pair of ASICS Banditos that have 1000+ miles on them.  I reserve them for special occasions because I don't want to wear them out.  The uppers and the soles, though not perfect are still in good shape.

Lately my feet are feeling beat up, hence the casting about for more cushioned but still lightweight shoes.  We have to roll with the changes, maybe I'm transitioning to a 500mile/pair runner now.

Saucony Virrata? I haven't worn them but I am probably going to give them a try to replace my Mirage 2 and/or Kinvara 2's which are both getting pretty long in the tooth. Word is they pack a ton of forefoot cushioning (which is where I need it) into s really light and neutral package. Size up a half size from the Mirage.

How do you like them?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

How do you like them?

2nd pair is over 300 miles and I'm considering a 3rd pair so I guess I like them.

Runners run

After reading some of the comments here, decided to try a pair of Virratas. Ordered on Amazon sale. Depending on size and color...think the pair I ordered were like 41 bucks free standard shipping, which seemed like a good deal I guess. Looking forward to them coming in the mail since my current stable of older lunarfly's are about shot.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

bhearn

Happily on my 18th pair of Fastwitch 4s now.   Thank you eBay.

Here's a review of  the forth-coming Altra The One2.

I think Led Lincoln will be pleased(?).

I can't pull the trigger on the Hokas.  11 oz is just too much for me.  The Virrata's seem hella cool, but don't want to go back to the evil kingdom of PF.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Here's a review of  the forth-coming Altra The One2.

I think Led Lincoln will be pleased(?).

I can't pull the trigger on the Hokas.  11 oz is just too much for me.  The Virrata's seem hella cool, but don't want to go back to the evil kingdom of PF.

Hmm, they look pretty nice, even if they resemble bowling shoes.  I think I'll love 'em or hate 'em.  This could be how I'll spend my stack of gift certificates at my LRS.

Hmm, they look pretty nice, even if they resemble bowling shoes.  I think I'll love 'em or hate 'em.  This could be how I'll spend my stack of gift certificates at my LRS.

I don't care what my running shoes look like. When Emily Haines makes an appearance on my playlist, maybe I kind of fix up my hair, but that's about it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I haven't noticed that my Vibrams or my Altras are chick magnets.

cardsbaby

Where does the Adidas EB 2.0 rank in all this? Are they all hype? Or is there substance to their claim?

I got hooked up with the Skechers Performance GOrun 3 recently.... fits the bill of light and touch of cushion.

---------