Broad Street Race Report (Read 775 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't believe that I started the race without a goal. I have never run a 10 mile race before so I didn't know what to expect. I'm not even sure if I should be excited about my finish time or not (1:21:10)...but since it's my first I guess it's my PR.
    Of course you should be excited! You raced 10 miles! Big grin Now, you can use the infamous McMillan Calculator and see what kind of times it predicts for other races -- there's your goals! 5k: 23:19 (I think you're already there) 10k: 48:26 Half: 1:47:47

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

an exotic blend of george clooney and cat in the hat
      A day later, and I still can't figure out what to make of that description.......

The voice of mile 18

best i could come up w/ to make you sound mysterious us engineer types ain't no good w/ word thingys

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Scout7

best i could come up w/ to make you sound mysterious us engineer types ain't no good w/ word thingys
          *snerk* Before I couldn't spell inginar, now I are one. Mysterious, huh? I always preferred, "I'm an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum, and covered in secret sauce" myself.
            an exotic blend of george clooney and cat in the hat
            *LOL* I missed this one. Nice.

Michelle

"I'm an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum, and covered in secret sauce" myself.
              Only you would like that one. Roll eyes Just kidding.

Michelle

Nice race!! It's too bad that a race stays that crowded for 10 miles. Sounds like you had a really nice race and cranked it in there torward the end.
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                  Of course you should be excited! You raced 10 miles! Big grin Now, you can use the infamous McMillan Calculator and see what kind of times it predicts for other races -- there's your goals! 5k: 23:19 (I think you're already there) 10k: 48:26 Half: 1:47:47
                  My first HM in March was 1:58:31. I don't have an offical 5k race time yet, the ones I've done are here at home on the course I mapped. I have yet to do a 10K, maybe I should do one of those next, and then a 5 mile race. Just so I have all the basics down.

Michelle

I went backwards with my races. First was a Marathon, Second was a Half marathon , 5k and then the 10 miler. I think I'd really like to see what I'd do in a 10k.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

My first HM in March was 1:58:31. I don't have an offical 5k race time yet, the ones I've done are here at home on the course I mapped. I have yet to do a 10K, maybe I should do one of those next, and then a 5 mile race. Just so I have all the basics down.
                      Don't forget the marathon Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson