First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

xhristopher

Clearly you missed my picture of a typical Cardinal fan.

Mikey said "to Redbird." Clearly the value to the rest of us has been high.

delicate flower

The Bruins were playing the Whalers in the playoffs at the Hartford Civic Center and it was impossible to get tickets to the Garden so we bought tickets to an "away" game in Hartford and a bunch of my cousin's hoodlum friends from the Cambridge projects came down for the weekend. We were all going to drive to Hartford on Sunday for the game. 

Ugh, so you were one of "them." 

Go Whalers.

<3

C-R

Go Whalers.

And of course the best song for any sports organization.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Clearly, Red Bird should appear in court in a blue blazer with brass buttons.

Yeah from my limited experience it will be a lot about the judge.  Hopefully he is a runner.  

That would be nice, hopefully the judge would be able to sympathize with me, if that was the case.  Even if he or she runs at a health club. Hopefully the weather is better than the cold, rainy day it is today.  That too might help put the judge in a better mood. 

What song is it you wanna hear?

Free Redbird!

Berner is about the only person who has truly added any value to Red Bird in this thread.

However, I can't help but take this opportunity to tell my own story

....But since you've already received a cavalcade of bad advice and irrelevant bullshit in this thread, I thought I'd throw mine on the pile too.  Good luck!!

--- Next time I recommend telling your story, THEN commenting that everyone else's advice SUCKS.  Otherwise you might lose your audience.   Do it in proper order. Smile

--- All I can say is that this thread has been a good one.  Entertaining on several parallel levels.  Also, I find it ironic that you call everyone else's comments "bad advice and irrelevant BS", (because some of us recommend not paying 1,000 for a lawyer for this type of simple offense), then you tell a story about how you went without a lawyer yourself for nearly the same type of offense, and did just fine based on proper etiquette and dress!  That is a bit Ironic...     I still say "no lawyer needed".  Just proper etiquette and respect, along with a "I learned my lesson" attitude.  (Bottle up any displeasure you have 'till after court!)  --- So when is the court date RedBird?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

delicate flower

And of course the best song for any sports organization.

I was disappointed I didn't hear it at all during the two times I ran the Hartford Marathon.  Seems to be it should have been blasted right after the starting gun.

<3

That would be nice, hopefully the judge would be able to sympathize with me, if that was the case.  Even if he or she runs at a health club. Hopefully the weather is better than the cold, rainy day it is today.  That too might help put the judge in a better mood. 

You'll be fine, regardless of the judge.  Best case, the charge will be dropped by the prosecutor.  Worst case, you'll get supervision (a/k/a suspended sentence) which will leave you with a clean record at the end of the day.

Can you do it without a lawyer?  Maybe.  Depends if you say the right things and avoid saying the wrong things.  Some of things you've said in this thread are definitely the wrong things.  On the other hand, the lawyer will say the right things because its his job.

Let us know when and where your court date is set.  Maybe I'll come and live-Tweet the hearing for the RA community.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Also, I find it ironic that you call everyone else's comments "bad advice and irrelevant BS", (because some of us recommend not paying 1,000 for a lawyer for this type of simple offense), then you tell a story about how you went without a lawyer yourself for nearly the same type of offense, and did just fine based on proper etiquette and dress!  That is a bit Ironic...

A bit, yeah.

This is an example of me knowing my audience. Subtlety would not have been the right approach.

Runners run

--- Next time I recommend telling your story, THEN commenting that everyone else's advice SUCKS.  Otherwise you might lose your audience.   Do it in proper order. Smile

--- All I can say is that this thread has been a good one.  Entertaining on several parallel levels.  Also, I find it ironic that you call everyone else's comments "bad advice and irrelevant BS", (because some of us recommend not paying 1,000 for a lawyer for this type of simple offense), then you tell a story about how you went without a lawyer yourself for nearly the same type of offense, and did just fine based on proper etiquette and dress!  That is a bit Ironic...     I still say "no lawyer needed".  Just proper etiquette and respect, along with a "I learned my lesson" attitude.  (Bottle up any displeasure you have 'till after court!)  --- So when is the court date RedBird?

The court date isn't until April 30th at 9 AM, all the way in Chicago's dreaded Loop.  Unless you have mucho dinero and can afford to park in that area, you're best off taking the bus or train Sad At least by then it should most probably be warm enough to make the trip without any heavy clothing on.

L Train

The court date isn't until April 30th at 9 AM, all the way in Chicago's dreaded Loop. 

Make sure you tip your bartender.

Unless you have mucho dinero and can afford to park in that area, you're best off taking the bus or train

Don't be silly. Parking at the Honorable Richard J. Daley Center is quite convenient ....

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Should Red Bird wear jean shorts to court?

#YES

#NO

#FREEREDBIRD

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

The court date isn't until April 30th at 9 AM, all the way in Chicago's dreaded Loop.  

--- Well, I dread the entirety of the City of Chicago, so the fact you only dread the loop is a plus. Big grin

--- And I have to ask, (so I can dread it more, lol), just how much would it cost to park in downtown Chicago for a day?  Just curious.  (And I will disclose that I am originally from the midwest.  The idea of 'paying money' to park in a parking space, or to drive on a street or to cross a bridge is foreign to us)...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞