First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

flarunner

If that is the case you should not ever own a dog.  Even more than that, you seem to be enjoying the attention this thread is bringing you; always building up your disappointment and anger.  I wonder if you are using this whole thing as an excuse for other problems in your life.  As you can tell from most everyone else here, it's not that big of a deal.

Just a thought.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Part of the problem may be that you are a cards fan in cubby world.  Were you wearing a cards jersey while running or at court?

The past is the past.  I wouldn't dwell on this but let it fuel you when you run.  Anger makes you run faster.

I've been living in Cubby territory since day one.  Can I help it if I was impressed with the Cardinals back in the 60's?  Winning 2 Word Series and 3 pennants isn't bad for one decade,.  While the Cubs and Sox did nothing as usual then.    And I do plan to continue to dwell on this matter.  It's not over yet, and may never be, as long as I have a criminal record because of it.

C-R

Sad  Our collie, almost 12, passed away a week ago today.  We brought him home when my 15-year-old daughter was only three.  We are all heartbroken.  We got an Australian shepherd puppy last year, but we miss Ranger.

We still miss our Collie Jesse and that was seven years past. Although Mickey is a great collie companion.

Back on subject - I'm not giving any advice but damn Red Bird - let it go. Improvise Adapt Overcome. You're letting this thing control your life instead of you controlling it. Perspective dude perspective.

Vegas has set the Over Under on this thread at 47 1/2 pages. I'm taking the over.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Intentionally Blank

If your lawyer said you don't have a record, then you don't have a record.  Where I live, there are myriad ways people pay fines, do community service, and pay court costs and still keep things off their record.  In fact these things are often done in lieu of having a criminal record.

If your lawyer said you don't have a record, then you don't have a record.  Where I live, there are myriad ways people pay fines, do community service, and pay court costs and still keep things off their record.  In fact these things are often done in lieu of having a criminal record.

I hope you're correct.  I do plan to take a look at my record soon.  The reason I'm in doubt of my lawyer's words is because he let me down so much in court to begin with.  Which means he left me under the impression, that they'd drop the charges after he presented his case.

bhearn

This thread is still here???

Good to see the cop have plenty of time to harass a runner.  Guess crime is at an all time low in Chicago.

jpdeaux

Yup. Kinda is.

Good to see the cop have plenty of time to harass a runner.  Guess crime is at an all time low in Chicago.

Kalsarikännit

Yup. Kinda is.

I wish it was that positive. The massive decrease in homicides came from the beginning of the year through  the end of April, when we had really bad, unseasonably winter-like weather. Gang bangers aren't that tough when it is cold or wet outside. It is back to the same old shit now.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

MrNamtor

Yup. Kinda is.

I've lived in chicago for 2 years and I feel safe as hell compared to New York. Then again, I don't go to areas where there are a lot of homicides.

No insult to anyone if they're a Chicago cop or someone in their family is, but the cops here seem to be uniformly either very overweight or all beefed up, and they also seem to be very lazy but at the same time thug-like. Well, maybe the two actually do go hand in hand.

Anyway, that's just my impression, I'm sure they are better than that and there are very good cops here too, but I just have not seen it.

I use to work right next to Cabrini Green, which is now torn down for good reason.   And of course I got attacked there once.  It was mainly my car and business suit that took the punishment.  When I told one of Chicago's good for nothing cops about the attack his only response was "I don't know why anybody drives through there."  He then resumed to eating his lunch after that. Roll eyes  Anyhow I went to court last week 6/28/13.  And of course I found the whole experience to be demeaning and humiliating. I gave the judge documents proving I did community service and he was happy.  Thus if you really think this country stands for justice and liberty this 4th of July, I believe it tries, but human error, especially from Chicago cops will always eff things up. Cry

I've lived in chicago for 2 years and I feel safe as hell compared to New York. Then again, I don't go to areas where there are a lot of homicides.

No insult to anyone if they're a Chicago cop or someone in their family is, but the cops here seem to be uniformly either very overweight or all beefed up, and they also seem to be very lazy but at the same time thug-like. Well, maybe the two actually do go hand in hand.

Anyway, that's just my impression, I'm sure they are better than that and there are very good cops here too, but I just have not seen it.

dirtroadrunner

I cannot believe this thread is still going!

Redbird, if you dislike your law enforcement so much there are plenty of other states to live in.

Tejas Runner

Where is the social activism of yesteryear. We should be having rallies and sit-ins and protests.  We need folk songs lamenting Red Bird's plight!

We need too sit on the tracks until the railroad pays his fine for him!!!!

Power to the Red Bird!

I checked out of this thread because, well frankly, it was getting too serious.  It sounds like the final disposition was supervision plus community service, resulting in no criminal record.  For the record, this is what I predicted would happen if RedBird did the smart thing and hired a lawyer.  The community service was an optional "add on" from the court -- annoying perhaps, but not particularly relevant to the final conclusion.  So, in the end, the right result was reached.

Law and sausage are two things you do not want to see being made.  But they're both yummy in the end.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Think I will start a thread about Redbird's police ticketing me in the Dempster CTA parking lot for for having a clear cover on my license plate.    Should have gotten a lawyer.