Skirts and the uninformed. (Read 1336 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

15.5 miles in my new runningskirts.com skirt. It was PERFECT! The little built-in brief didn't wedgie or shift at all. Not a bit of chafing. No riding-up under my Camelbak to expose my, ahem, ASSets! That thing is worth its weight in gold! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

any pictures of the new skirt???
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll be posting some later today--after I eat myself sick! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I have a Nike Dri-fit tennis skirt that I run in. Love it! It's a bit longer, but the compression short fits perfect, there are no slits on the side for ass-view issues, and everything stays in place & doesn't chafe. Only down side, no pockets. No big deal if you have your Camelback, but stinks when all you need is a tube of Chapstick & an extra piece of gum. I wore it yesterday in my 25K race & missed the pockets.
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

Wow! Those were great!!!! Looks like y'all had a great time - thanks for sharing!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Got my runningskirts.com skirt today! It's an athletic skirt, so it's got shorts underneath. Sadly, I have already run today, and it is pouring, so no testing it out, but I am wearing it around the house right now to see how things stay put. So far, so good. I can't wait to run tomorrow!
                  Here ya' go!
                  Those are awesome!!! You both had so much fun.

Michelle

shonan marathon, girl

I saw a few running skirts for sale at the New Balance booth during my last marathon and I thought how cute, but I wonder if anyone has the guts to wear one of those skirts while out running? Yesterday at my 30k race, there was a tall tan Japanese girl with a red running skirt on and a black tank top. She was running in the 50k race. Anyway, I couldn't resist not complimenting her on her outfit and had a few words with her during the race. It was just so cute and adorable. Too bad I don't have a picture to show all of you. RA girls keep wearing those skirts and show them how fast you can really RUN!!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

I looked while I was in sydney but could only see tennis skirts. Sad

shonan marathon, girl

The running skirts I saw for the first time were at my March marathon in Japan this spring. I am sure that they will be in Australia soon. If we all buy and wear them, I think they will catch on in our part of the world, pacific area. Here in Japan, Japanese guys don't hoot, yell or whistle, so I think it will be easier to run wearing a skirt here. Since I am on the topic of sportswear, I just want to say, it is hard to find decent bike or triathlon wear for women. Men have so much more of a variety of wear to choose from compared to women it seems. Everytime I see something I like, it's for MEN! Mandy, maybe one day I will get to Australia since it's not so far. We are on the same time zone I think. A friend of mine is running in the Gold coast marathon in July. It sounds like a good race!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

Hi Brioche I'm actually in New Zealand - we live in Wellington. I was just on holiday in Sydney for the weekend and I was hoping to try a running skirt there as knowing New Zealand it could be years before they catch on here! We're definitely hoping to get to Japan sometime for a holiday too. By the way - I agree about tri and bike stuff. When I bought a bike I just got a small mens one and put narrower handlebars, shorter cranks and a compact groupset on it!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if any of the companies like skirtsports.com or runningskirts.com might ship abroad without charging an arm-and-a-leg. Or even watch eBay auctions. That's unfortunate that companies aren't making more tri wear for women--sounds like they'd sell it if they did. There was an article recently in Her Sports magazine about tris and it talked about some of the specific gear, so maybe that will help get the ball rolling a bit. k

~ Sarah Kay

shonan marathon, girl

I think sportswear mfg are neglecting or are blind to a big sector of their potential market. Not everyone hangs out at the gym, and women who do sports outside, cycling & running or tri want and need some better clothing. To be honest, I spend more time in my sportswear than I do in my regular clothes. As far as my regular clothes are concerned, cheap stuff is fine, but when it comes to athletic wear I need something that is high performance and good quality but at the same time I want something that is fashionable as well, so I am willing to spend more. Thanks, Kirsten for your comments. I will look on the internet for some new sportswear. By the way, I love your yellow running skirt! What a really cute picture! Mandy, have you been to Lake Taupo? I hope I have the right spelling. My ironman friend went there. I have heard only great things about New Zealand. What a wonderful country to be from!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

To be honest, I spend more time in my sportswear than I do in my regular clothes. As far as my regular clothes are concerned, cheap stuff is fine, but when it comes to athletic wear I need something that is high performance and good quality but at the same time I want something that is fashionable as well, so I am willing to spend more. Thanks, Kirsten for your comments. I will look on the internet for some new sportswear. By the way, I love your yellow running skirt! What a really cute picture!
                                Thanks--and it's super comfy, too! I could not agree more about the clothing thing...I was just saying to a friend the other day that I spend FAR more on my footwear (running and otherwise) than I do on anything else in my wardrobe. I spend more on my running clothes than on regular clothes, too, though I do look for sales and clearances. Love places like runbargains.com, Campmor and Sierra Trading Post. My regular clothes all come from TJ Maxx, Target, and Sam's Club (love their CK jeans--good quality, cheap). Most days the price of the shoes I wear is more than everything else on my body combined. I'm all about well-designed, comfortable, quality footwear...'cause if my feet ain't happy, then neither is the rest of me. k

~ Sarah Kay