Skirts and the uninformed. (Read 1336 times)

shonan marathon, girl

Thanks Kirsten, I looked at both websites and saw some things I WANT! It's obvious that other girls are looking for better wear, many of the items are BACKORDERED!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

Hi Brioche I’ve not been to Taupo yet but I’m due to go up there with work in a few weeks time. I’m really looking forward to it as its supposed to be beautiful. I did Austria Ironman last year and have my eye on the one at Taupo for possibly 2009 (or whenever I can be bothered to do that much training again! Shocked)
        I looked while I was in sydney but could only see tennis skirts. Sad
        Hi Mandy - I have a tennis skirt that I run in - works fine, but I do miss not having any pockets. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

shonan marathon, girl

Mandy, from the pictures in my lastest biking magazine there is great riding in Taupo. Are you taking your bike? IM NZ is supposed to be a fantastic course! Japanese love it! That's the problem, the time, $$$ and dedication needed for IM. I can do the swim/run, but need more long distance biking over 80k. Congratulations to you for finishing an IM. My best friend is off to Nice IM in mid June, the bike course is a real killer, looks like some of the Tour de France mountain stages!!! I think skirts will be coming out next spring in NZ, since you are headed into the fall season right now. If you make it to Japan, let me know! Definitely need pockets in the running skirt! I have to have them for my power gels when I race. I like your skirt colors Chenille. When I get my skirt, I will post it too.

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

I think sportswear mfg are neglecting or are blind to a big sector of their potential market. Not everyone hangs out at the gym, and women who do sports outside, cycling & running or tri want and need some better clothing. To be honest, I spend more time in my sportswear than I do in my regular clothes. As far as my regular clothes are concerned, cheap stuff is fine, but when it comes to athletic wear I need something that is high performance and good quality but at the same time I want something that is fashionable as well, so I am willing to spend more.
            Hi Brioche - that is so true - sportswear needs to be good quality to hold up under sweat, abrasion, and frequent washing. I find it motivates me as well to be wearing something "nice" - I still like to look like a girl - even when I sweat!!! Running clothes are starting to catch up, but over here, biking clothes for women have a lot more style.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

I ran my first 10K race (Cleveland Marathon/Half/10K) on Sun. May 20th in a running skirt and it's the best thing ever! I personally wore an Athleta but the ones I could identify on other runners in the race included the pink camo one by SkirtSport and the Nike Border skirt. I will never run another race in shorts (unless it's super cold)! Eunice