October "Virtual" race sign-up - 5K, 5Mile, 10K (Read 1038 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, all! Come sign up for the October "Virtual" race at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/virtual/Forum/8716288640c34c5f871c77c5ec777449. We've got enough people participating now, so there is now a 10K division as well as 5K and 5 Mile. "Race" weekend is October 7th & 8th. Post your times between Oct 7th - 9th to be counted in this month's results! Times can be posted at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html. See you there! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

A couple questions for a noobilicious (patent pending on that word) "virtual racer": If we can't find (or are too lazy) to find a race this weekend, you trust us to pick our own mileage? If I pick my own mileage and use this site to map the course and it's too short - can we blame Eric? Do the runs *have* to be on Oct. 7/8? (I noticed somebody's doing all three ... and that looks like fun. Is it cheating to run them on, say, the 6th, 7th, and 8th?) Most importantly, if I back out because of a stupid injury, will I be mocked, ridiculed, and pelted with overly ripe vegetables?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's completely on the honor system, so yes, we're trusting you to report your times accurately and if you're not in a real race to run the correct distance on your own. (By the way, you can blame Google, not Eric, if there's a problem with the mapping distances!) There's no prize money or actual awards, so if you want to lie and hurt your on-line credibility, well, that's your problem. I operate on the assumption that people are honest until proven otherwise. It makes life a lot simpler. If you're caught cheating in a "Virtual" race, well, I guess we just wouldn't let you race with us anymore! You've got that sub-15 minute guy on the brain, don't you! No it doesn't *have* to be Oct 7/8, but that's the weekend we're asking people to shoot for. If you can't run in a race on that weekend, it's okay to submit an earlier time. Just make it as close to the date as possible. If you're talking about Daddyo, I think he's already run two of the race times he's planning to submit. We might razz you a little bit, but most people here understand about not being able to run in a race while you're hurt. If you sign up and can't make it, I'd ask you let me know somehow - either by stating so on the results-form or by posting so in the forum. That way I won't be waiting for your results. Welcome aboard!

JakeKnight

You've got that sub-15 minute guy on the brain, don't you!
          I was hoping he might give me some tips! Big grin All right, put me down for all three. I'll do it on the 6/7/8 or 7/8/9. I'll repeat this on that official thread, too, so you find it. Thanks for the welcome - should be fun!

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was hoping he might give me some tips! Big grin
            Pron8r's tip was the best!!! LOL! "Yeah - run faster!" ROFLMAO!!! :: snort!:: See ya there!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Please note: a 10 mile division has been added!

JakeKnight

Please note: a 10 mile division has been added!
                Shocked You gotta be kiddin'. That information would have been useful a few days ago. Angry Black eye Tight lipped Oh, well. I've got until Monday, right? In for a penny and all that ...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Monkeyboy... "Triple Crown" would only need 3 races... If I add an ultramarathon division you gonna go run that this weekend? Clowning around Relax, eh? Nobody's gonna say you ain't all tough and buff...

JakeKnight

If I add an ultramarathon division you gonna go run that this weekend? Clowning around ...
                    Would there be beer involved? Big grin Anybody know why we have a "black eye" icon? I find myself mildly disturbed. And vaguely amused. All at the same time. Black eye Black eye Black eye Black eye

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's for racers who HURT THEMSELVES doing something stupid... ::ahem::

Wingz

Professional Noob

The race is on, folks! Get your times in this weekend at www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form Good luck, everyone!

westsidefirst1

is it too late to be in?
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Latecomers welcome! Just fill in your name on the bottom of the form. Smile

Hi Wingz - I ran a half-marathon today - can that race be added?
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

Much as I would enjoy seeing Jake try to run a half marathon right now... Evil grin I'd like to see at least two people with HM times to turn in before adding another division - not much of a race if you're the only one in it! Is there at least one other person out there who'd reading this right now that would like to submit a HM time? Times within the last month will be accepted... Speak up! runningluke - if no one else sees this and speaks up before the results are posted for this month's race, hang on to that time and we'll include that distance next month. It's such a short notice that people might not be able to squeeze in their replies before the results come out. modified to add: go ahead and submit the time at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html. I put a note out on the HM trainers board and I bet someone will bite... It's worth a shot. If not, we'll definitely put it out next month because I know there are a lot of HM runners this month...