Cold / Warm weather Base Shirt (Read 529 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I will be running Imogene Pass Run in a about 5 weeks. The weather from bottom to top to bottom will likely be very different. Anyone have a recommendation on a solid long sleeve base that can handle cold weather but does well at higher temps too. I have never owned anything but your typical long sleeve moisture wicking shirt which gets very hot at temps in the 50-70s. Thanks

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Patagonia Capilene 1 base layer.
        FWIW.....I haven't had an occasion to need it under those conditions, but my wife got me an ultra-lite (micro weight) SmartWool tee shirt that may work nicely.......they make them in long sleeve too. https://www.smartwool.com Look at their apparel......base layer assortment I am amazed at how warm they can be for something so thin, but they breath and wick nicely. I hate synthetic high-performance wicking fabrics and the SmartWool is worth every penny in my opinion. I have worn their micro-weight long underwear pants under a pair of shorts on runs in 20 degrees and snow and it is perfect for me..........I hate being too hot, but didn't feel cold at all.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.