2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

Awesome job hubbard!

Start 5K 10K 15K 20K Half 25K 30K 35K 40K Finish
    7:59:44 00:21:00  00:41:06  01:00:58  01:21:09  01:25:35  01:41:22  02:02:07  02:23:48  02:46:09  02:56:17 

Awesome job hubbard!

Start 5K 10K 15K 20K Half 25K 30K 35K 40K Finish
      7:59:44 00:21:00  00:41:06  01:00:58  01:21:09  01:25:35  01:41:22  02:02:07  02:23:48  02:46:09  02:56:17 

Thanks, Actually ran faster, ran a 2:55:01 the time posted on line are off for our team.  If you look I ran a slower clock then chip time and started the race before the race started, race director said everything should be fixed in a few days.  Feel pretty good cardiovascular felt fine but at 20 or so my calf was locked up.

2010 Goals 3000 Miles 1/2 Marathon-Sub 1:20:00 Marathon-Sub 3:00
      DoppleBock

dcv2002 - 11/07/10 New York City Marathon, New York, NY

leopard - 11/07/10 New York City Marathon, New York, NY

ChakaKahn - 11/07/10 New York City Marathon, New York, NY - Bib # 1786 

SeamusB - 11/07/10 New York City Marathon, New York, NY

Let's hear it for the New York Crew!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Are we there yet?

is sub 3 stupid to go for.. i feel like I at least want to give myself a shot @ the half.. but I havent had the volume in recent weeks..

mikeymike

Thanks, Actually ran faster, ran a 2:55:01 the time posted on line are off for our team.  If you look I ran a slower clock then chip time and started the race before the race started, race director said everything should be fixed in a few days.  Feel pretty good cardiovascular felt fine but at 20 or so my calf was locked up.

Congrats!

Runners run

mikeymike

is sub 3 stupid to go for.. i feel like I at least want to give myself a shot @ the half.. but I havent had the volume in recent weeks..

It might be stupid but that doesn't make it a bad idea.  Nothing ventured, nothing...ventured.

Runners run

DoppleBock

Your talking to a guy that thinks if I can run a 1:29:59 1/2 marathon 4 weeks before a marathon with a little sharpening and a good taper can run a 2:59:59 marathon.

In a mega-race like New York - Just be patient - You are close enough to sub 3:00 that you can not waste a bunch of energy the 1st 5 miles weaving and bobbing in and out of runners - You must remain calm and smooth.  Yes you are likely to lose some time in the beginning - That is OK - It will let you muscles warmup, get the blood flowing, so they can be efficient and effective at clearing lactic acid and conserving glycogen.  Let the 1st half of the race come to you and then decide how you will take it to the race for the 2nd half.

Why is it sideways?

Let the 1st half of the race come to you and then decide how you will take it to the race for the 2nd half.

Good advice.

flovesparko

Have a great race this weekend dcv2002, leopard,  ChakaKahn, and  SeamusB.  How is everyone feeling? 

Are we there yet?

Your talking to a guy that thinks if I can run a 1:29:59 1/2 marathon 4 weeks before a marathon with a little sharpening and a good taper can run a 2:59:59 marathon. 

+1

eh.. still on the fence.. 1:35/1:30 if I can pull the reigns early... if not.. 1:31/1:28 would be nice.. I have no freagin clue.. should be fun..  taxi!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well.. it went down like this..

1:30:34/1:36:03

it was a worthy effort on 2 months of training.. great race! great weather..

Really quick recap of feelings afterward.. to go from 2 months off completely July/Aug to 2 months of limited mileage Sept/Oct with a 20miler & 16miler as long runs.. no real speedwork and highest mileage week of 50 with 48 miles the week prior, no taper except 2 days off before...

I am super pleased.. not injured, feel great walking around fine and stayed super fueled @ all the abundant aid stations nearly every mile.
                      Went out fast.. but man, it was hard to pump the brakes.. by mile 11 my legs were hurting and it was a long day thereafter.. 1:30 split.. thoughts of sub 3.. but I knew I didnt have the training or energy and tried to drop a few @ 6:52/mi @ mile 15-18 (1st ave) and quickly realized that wasnt happening.. @ mile 21 dropped it again but by 22 it was 7:25/mi fight to the finish.. 10minutes off my PR almost to the second.. but as you know this was supposed to be a long training run anyways.. with a quick recovery

Overall, pleased like I said, but I don't want to put myself thru that feeling of being undertrained and suffering thru the late miles again.. I know what it feels like to finish strong and what a boost it is to pass people late in the race, much prefered to the "make it stop" feeling I had Sunday.
                      2/09 Myrtle Beach, my first marathon 1:27/1:40.. 3:07xx.. now almost 2 years later 1:30/1:36.. 3:06xx.. however this came easier as I am more of an experienced runner.

I know I have potential to be a sub 2:50 guy and am looking forward to getting to work.  Smile

DoppleBock

+1

eh.. still on the fence.. 1:35/1:30 if I can pull the reigns early... if not.. 1:31/1:28 would be nice.. I have no freagin clue.. should be fun..  taxi!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well.. it went down like this..

1:30:34/1:36:03

it was a worthy effort on 2 months of training.. great race! great weather..

Really quick recap of feelings afterward.. to go from 2 months off completely July/Aug to 2 months of limited mileage Sept/Oct with a 20miler & 16miler as long runs.. no real speedwork and highest mileage week of 50 with 48 miles the week prior, no taper except 2 days off before... 

2/09 Myrtle Beach, my first marathon 1:27/1:40.. 3:07xx.. now almost 2 years later 1:30/1:36.. 3:06xx.. however this came easier as I am more of an experienced runner.

I know I have potential to be a sub 2:50 guy and am looking forward to getting to work.  Smile

Nice race - Came in 1st half with a chance and tuffed it in - I like the last statement too - The race left you very optimistic. 

DoppleBock

DVC ... Screen name 1 ... are you on a RA vacation?

It looks like DVC 2002 had another sub 3:00 not his fastest of the year - But 3rd of the year - Congrats

I'm going for the trifecta Sunday at Outer Banks. I have a cold, which seems to be on the downswing, but I feels the mojo.

DoppleBock

Good for you ... its time to go get you some! 

I'm going for the trifecta Sunday at Outer Banks. I have a cold, which seems to be on the downswing, but I feels the mojo.

DB, yes an RA vacation. Some characters on here just float my boat. Yes I ran a fun, easy, pleasurable 2:56. Most fun Ive had in a marathon ever. Didnt push after I saw I had no chance of 2:51 so enjoyed the race. NYC is way harder than Boston. My shoulder was the most painful body part last night. I think Ive got the sub3 thing down. Now the challenge is sub-2:50 in Boston next year or New York again. Id like to do it before I turn 40.