Best female rocker (Read 822 times)

My legs are killing me

My vote would be for Pat Benatar.
      I like Pat, too. Her voice is amazingly well-preserved. How about Joan Jett?
      JakeKnight

Janis Joplin. No other candidates need apply. It ain't even close.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pat Benatar, definitely. The next gen. PB could be Pink.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You are correct, sir! All of the others mentioned are good, but the Wilson sisters (Heart) also deserve mention.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

But she passed on before she reached her potential. And wouldn't you consider her more of a blues singer than a rocker?
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh, she doesn't really qualify as a "rocker", but Sheryl Crow is excellent.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Donnas - The female equivalent of AC/DC.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Pat Benatar, definitely. The next gen. PB could be Pink.
                    Agree about P!nk, but she can't match PB's classically trained voice. PB has got a set of pipes on her.

JakeKnight

But she passed on before she reached her potential. And wouldn't you consider her more of a blues singer than a rocker?
                      No. And even when a song was technically blues she still rocked the shit out of it. Sheryl Crow? Kill me. Take me now, God.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

A is A

The two chicks from Heart, fo' sho'!

The voice of mile 18

Chrissy Hynn (spell) of the pretenders and my new fav is Feist. i like sheryl crows first two albums but while still incredibly hot has started to slip

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

She is in a league of her own, no doubt about that. As for those that are still with us, I gotta go with Bonnie Raitt.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Sheryl Crow? Kill me. Take me now, God.
                              Not a rocker by any stretch of the imagination, granted, but inoffensive at the very least. Annie Lennox of the Eurythmics. I've always liked her voice.

My legs are killing me

Chrissy Hynn (spell) of the pretenders and my new fav is Feist. i like sheryl crows first two albums but while still incredibly hot has started to slip
                                I forgot about her but she is excellent.