Third Party Access to Training Logs (Read 496 times)

I am presently coaching someone who is using the RA logs to maintain their progress. They don't wnat to make their logs Public, but to allow me access. The y have given me the user-id and a password, but I cannot see how to access the log directly - The only way seems if I use their User Login, which gives me access to everything. Am I missing something here... Thanks
      The easiest (best?) solution would be for you to create a new User Group, which you can designate as "Private" and password protected. This will make you the owner and administrator of the group. Next, give the name of the group and the password to your trainee, and have them join the group. They should select "Options" from the left panel, and select the option to "Allow administrators of this group to view your training log." Now you should be able to see their training log even though it is not public.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Thanks for that - I have set the group up, and when my trainee is available we will try that method out - Thanks a million.
        eric :)

Liam3494, I created a url that will automatically log you into a password protected log. It is located directly below where the user specifies a password to his/her log. You can ask your athelete to provide this url to you. eric :-)
            Very cool eric. I wasn't aware of this new feature, so my apologies to the OP for giving him the "old" way to do this. In case eric's instructions weren't clear, your athlete should go to Options | My Log Preferences, select "Allow anyone with this password to view my log" and then type in a password (it can be a different password than their login password). Then they should copy the url in the box immediately below and send it to you.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.