Twenty-Four Hours (Read 1426 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Holy crap!  Good try guys!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn. Sorry to hear you guys had problems.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Damn. Great effort from both of you though.

+1
        jjameson

There are innumerable things that can go wrong with such an effort.  Good job guys, great runs.  Expect full race reports later please.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Disappointment for both of us. Race is still going but we are long done. I was steady and feeling great through 80 when a billion problems hit at once. DB had some shin problems. I hit 100 mi and dropped. DB hit 200k and pulled the plug. The day started off great, so this stinks. More later.

Congrats. I was happy with my 33 miles at Merrill's mile 24 HR .

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Disappointment for both of us. Race is still going but we are long done. I was steady and feeling great through 80 when a billion problems hit at once. DB had some shin problems. I hit 100 mi and dropped. DB hit 200k and pulled the plug. The day started off great, so this stinks. More later.

I was very proud of both of you and I was tangentally involved with the best team out there crewed by the most coveted crew (Kudo's Mrs. DB)

I went to sleep with DB and WG just reeling off laps. They both looked super strong. After a 3 hour nap I unzip the tent to seeing both walking past. I was surprised, but as was said here and based upon my appetizer distance, it's amazing how fast the bottom can fall out.

You ultra folk as a special breed.

FYI; I couldn't buy DB a beer, he's fully on the wagon pre-race; I hope he celebrated with one this afternoon.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
              Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?