Tracking shoe mileage (Read 519 times)

TurtleMan77

Why are people so bothered by this question?  Not everyone knows all the functions of the website - especially people new to it and running.  Given the incredible volume of traffic this site draws, one would think new people would be more welcome and even encouraged to start threads.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Why are people so bothered by this question?  Not everyone knows all the functions of the website - especially people new to it and running.  Given the incredible volume of traffic this site draws, one would think new people would be more welcome and even encouraged to start threads.

+1

It was months before I realized that this site could track equipment.   Someone mentioned that asking what OP asked was like asking if you could get a drink in a bar... I think its much more like walking into a bar and asking if there's table shuffleboard and there's a table shuffleboard set-up in a back, dark room.   Like any site, people use it for different reasons/features. No reason to be hostile because someone didn't come to the bar just for the shuffleboard.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I saw no snark in any of the replies.  Just a lot of enthusiastic endorsements of the many features of this site.

Perhaps something gets lost in the translation.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Mostly harmless

I saw no snark in any of the replies.  Just a lot of enthusiastic endorsements of the many features of this site.

You need to get your snark detector calibrated. Many of the replies were dripping with sarcasm which although it was amusing, I'm sure didn't do much to make the OP want to stick around.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

zonykel

Many of the responses were downright rude. It's the kind of stuff that makes people feel unwelcome.

Many of the responses were downright rude. It's the kind of stuff that makes people feel unwelcome.

It's part of the vetting process--we're trying to weed out those who take themselves too seriously.

Runners run

bhearn

Actually, I have this issue, because I track 3-4 pairs of the same kind of shoe, and occasionally I forget which pair is which. All I really need to do is label them somehow, not a hard problem, but I guess I haven't done it because there's not an obvious best way to do that. Slips of paper under the insole would get ruined in the wet.

Sharpie.

Runners run

Jeff F

Free Beer

Sharpie.

+1 - I number them on the tongue...works for me

bhearn

Yeah. Maybe the bigger problem is I'm too lazy, because I always think I won't get the pairs confused anyway -- this one's Portland office, that one's Portland condo, this one's home in California. Then something happens, a shoe gets used in the wrong context, I don't log it for a while, and a few weeks later I'm not sure.

xhristopher

It wasn't my intention to be rude, rather reinforce that the OP was in the right place. I don't think all good bars will have a shuffleboard, or even a dartboard. I do think all good running logs will track shoes. Heck, even strava tracks shoes.

And then if you can't keep your shoes organized like bhearn who is off looking for his sharpie right now there's always this:

+1

It was months before I realized that this site could track equipment.   Someone mentioned that asking what OP asked was like asking if you could get a drink in a bar... I think its much more like walking into a bar and asking if there's table shuffleboard and there's a table shuffleboard set-up in a back, dark room.   Like any site, people use it for different reasons/features. No reason to be hostile because someone didn't come to the bar just for the shuffleboard.

I number mine on the backside of the heel, preferably on a light part of the EVA or whatever - like bowling shoes. I might have to reinforce after awhile. Many of my shoes are dark colored, but I can usually find a light spot on EVA where sharpie shows up.

I recently had two pairs of same model and color, but different sizes. (They only had white left at the time, and I was intending to return the size that didn't fit, but decided a size larger than normal was good for some things). I hadn't numbered them because they're different sizes. Then after a race I realized I had been wearing one 9 and one 9.5 - and never realized it.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                          Wing

Joggaholic

I use different color shoe laces from other shoes so that shoes of the same model are not identical

Hey does anyone know of a website where I can track all my workouts and run fancy reports on my mileage like say by week, by month and by year?

I think a good programmer could come up with something like this.......it would be great...and if they put in in the internet a lot of people could access it and log their running information..........that would be SO COOL.    I'd log all my running information there.........

Champions are made when no one is watching

kcam

I think a good programmer could come up with something like this.......it would be great...and if they put in in the internet a lot of people could access it and log their running information..........that would be SO COOL.    I'd log all my running information there.........

Oh yeah, sure.  And that good programmer could have a smiley-face avatar or something!  Get real, dude.