Can running shoes really start costing this much? (Read 458 times)

Feeling the growl again

Well, maybe some people like colour?  For example, I think Nike grey is so unbelievably b-o-r-i-n-g I wouldn't be seen dead in them.  I attempted unsuccessfully to try-on some recently, but was rendered unconscious by their oppressive drabness.

A lot of shoes come in a choice of bright colours or abject boredom.  Choice is good.  Each to their own, OK?

I see what you did there.

Easy there.  I made fun of the shoes, not you. Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I said something similar on here recently but I was informed by those in the industry that clown shoes are what everybody wants to buy now....

I have a habit of wearing worn out running shoes as everyday knockaround shoes once they are retired.  Some functions of my company are allowed to dress below business casual.  I saw one of these folks walking the hall today in jeans, a decent button-down shirt.....and a pair of these clown shoes.

It looked as stupid as I imagined it would.  Smile

You know, that's a good point.  I actually kind of like the loud colors on my running gear, but I like to wear the retirees as casual shoes, too.  None of my more "colorful" shoes have gotten to that point yet; I'm not sure what the plan will be when that happens.

Then again, looking around at trends in "casual" kicks, seems like it's going toward brighter colors...

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Runners run

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people