Improvement in 5K! (Read 962 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

On September 30, I ran a 5K at 39:14, 12:40 pace. Today, I ran the marked 5K at Shelby Farms and ran it in 35:59, 11:26 pace!!!! Shocked Robin

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot! Look at you go! That's really awesome improvement in a very short time! By this time next year you'll be under 10, for certain! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Wow, that is a great improvement! I am especially impressed that you did it in such cold weather (28F). I am really not a cold weather runner. Once the temperatures dipped below 60F, I headed indoors. I find that my running performance really decreases when its cold. I just don't seem to breath as well. Anyway, I am hoping to try my first 5K race in the Spring.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Big grin Big grin!!! That deserves a WHOOT!!! Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

WOOT!!! WTG!!! Congrats and AWESOME progress!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Now that was a bath...

That's awesome Robin!!! What an amazing improvement in your pace! 28F sounds very cold, brrrrrrrr. Snuggle up with a warm drink and a blanket. You deserve it. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                That's a huge improvement! Well done and congratulations!
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

My dogs are fast, not me

Wow, that is a great improvement! I am especially impressed that you did it in such cold weather (28F). I am really not a cold weather runner. Once the temperatures dipped below 60F, I headed indoors. I find that my running performance really decreases when its cold. I just don't seem to breath as well. Anyway, I am hoping to try my first 5K race in the Spring.
                  Yeah, 28F for Memphis is unheard of! I didn't feel warm until about 2.5 miles, then, parts of me were too hot while others remained chilly. On the other hand, the frost was so thick, it looked like snow and was beautiful at Shelby Farms. Plus, since the Memphis Marathon was today, I had the place pretty much to myself.

Robin

madness baby

That is awesome, esp considering that temp! I'd be trying to run to get that over with so I could get indoors with the heat, too Smile (I can't get those cute little smileys to work with my macSad , so I have to go low-tech here with my visual emotions)
                    deb
                    vicentefrijole

(I can't get those cute little smileys to work with my macSad , so I have to go low-tech here with my visual emotions)
                      FYI, runchicrun, I couldn't get those to work on my Mac, either, when I used Safari. Then I tried Firefox (another free browser) and they worked fine. It helped with some of the mapping stuff too. That was awhile ago, though, so maybe Mac fixed that with newer Safari updates, but I still used Firefox for this site (and for some others)... though Safari is generally faster it seems a little less compatible. Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

Big grin Big grin Big grin Shocked Way to go!!!!!!!! Woot, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

I have to add to the Woots Big grin because you can never have too many Big grin
                          Walk + Jog = wog.
                          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry