Apple is taking over our lives... (Read 512 times)

Prophet!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know...ain't it great!? Hubby and I are both wishing we had bought stock 4-5 years ago, though. We loved Apple before it was cool! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jacob Fern

I feel like I have to throw in my two cents here, being an apple freak. (I'm the kind of guy that will promote macs at every chance i get... even though people look at me like i'm insane. I'm devoted.) I think that lately, Apple has let a lot of it's old fan base down. A lot of the new changes have made old supporters wonder about who Apple really cares about. First, we had the switch to Intel (remember apple's old commercials about how SLOW intel processors were?). Then, they started making their stuff black (wow... how many black laptops are there on the market... maybe like... all of them...) Then apple released the apple hi-fi, which was just an overpriced boom box - and something that no one wants because the market is already saturated with stand alone ipod players. Sure, the sound quality might be a bit better, but if you are going to buy something like that, you probably don't care too much about the sound quality. But i think that last draw is the new iPhone... I don't understand the fascination with a device that claims to do 'everything'. Besides, have you seen the thing? It's like holding a small brick up to your face. It just doesn't seem practical. On the other hand, i do think that the Apple TV will be a good product. Apple has been trying for a while now to become the center of a media system. Up until now, it was a bit impractical, since you could only watch movies on your computer screen. But with this... Oh well... i guess that's life.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Then, they started making their stuff black (wow... how many black laptops are there on the market... maybe like... all of them...) On the other hand, i do think that the Apple TV will be a good product. Apple has been trying for a while now to become the center of a media system. Up until now, it was a bit impractical, since you could only watch movies on your computer screen. But with this...
          To be fair, I remember the first Apple computer that I had access to. I was in 3rd grade and it was black (I'll be 34 next month), so to me the return to black stuff is pretty old school. I think that Apple TV set-up will likely find its way into our home. We're iTunes addicts (in addition to Mac Freaks) and the idea of downloading movies and being able to watch them on something other than a computer monitor is really a great one. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Jacob Fern

To be fair, I remember the first Apple computer that I had access to. I was in 3rd grade and it was black (I'll be 34 next month), so to me the return to black stuff is pretty old school.
            That's true... I'm forgetting my roots... (the first mac that i had was one of their first powerbooks... which wasn't black, but it was a nasty gray(ish) color. It still works, too)
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tee hee...we still have an old Mac in our house...a Classic. I keep trying to convince DH to find the directions for converting it into a fish tank--would that not be the coolest?! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Seems to me that the best way to view the appleTV is as competition for movie rentals. The cost per movie in iTunes is commensurate with rentals. And you don't have to return the movie. And you are not stuck with 5 movies per month, or whatever netflix does. The aTV cannot compete with buying DVDs, which have higher quality, or TiVo, which can record ANY television show. And then it has other features, such as playing your music of photos. Not bad.

Prophet!

first apple i played was an apple 2 GS, i think...it was dark gray with the 5 1/4 floppies - those things were great...