Finally a negative split long race! MTA: Full Story Link added... (Read 642 times)

Go Pre!

MTA: --> My blog for this race OK, not in the mood to write a race report right now, so I will give you the basics. 2 of Team Daddyo ran the 30K 'Around the Bay' Road race in Hamilton Ontario...the Oldest Race in North America...it started 4 years before Boston. view event history Mrs Daddyo went in looking at her longest distance yet and coose to run it as a large group marathon training run with her sights set on continuing marathon training without needing to spend this week recovering. She did awesome and finished very upright and very smiley. I am proud of her determination and a great result for such a tough hilly course. I went in to today, still slightly undertrained but feeling good. I ran the first 10k with a friend and his pace so that I would be forced not to start out too fast. I ended up finishing strong and feeling better than I have after any Half Marathon to Marathon length race. It lef me feeling very good about the future! Result - 30K - 2:35:29 Garmin - Splits 1st 10 - 53:37 2nd 10 - 51:32 3rd 10 – 50:20 1st - 15k - 1:19:28 2nd - 15K – 1:16:01 The hills started around 20K and last until 27, up and down, up and down with a massive down then back up, almost 1 full k up, and quite steep. Thankfully I live and train in a hilly neighborhood! A very challenging but lovely course. Our fellow RA compadre Tuf_aint_enugh ran a great race - under 2:28! This guy is really turning it on these days. All in all, a very enjoyable day . MTA: Monday morning update - best I have ever felto n a post long-race day! Lattes are on me today!

Another Passion

Great job, Dave and, Mrs. Daddyo as well!

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Sounds like your recovery is officially complete, well done Dave(s)! MTA: (s) (gotta give the other Dave credit too)

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Nice job and great splits.
            Good job, Team Daddyo! I am sad half my "team" is injured. Not nearly as sad as she is though.

Go Pre!

MTA: (s) (gotta give the other Dave credit too)
              Totally - talk about HTFU-ing!

Go Pre!

How's this for an elevation map of a race???? This is what we did yesterday.

dork.major dork.

da-amn. that is an elevation profile all right.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Go Pre!

Way to go, Daddyo. Sorry I missed you. You ran a great race. Not easy with the wind. Otherwise, a great day temperature wise. Congrats to the missus. The elevation profile says it all. Terrific negative split. I've posted my race report as well, so have a look when you get a minute. Again, great run. Way to work.
                      Nice run Daddyo. The elevation profile says it all. I ran in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago... the run up Vic Park was almost the end of me... I'm sure that helps with those hills in Hamilton.