Commute by Running (Read 2917 times)

People already make fun of me for all the little plastic baggies I use for stuff in my packs.

You are right, of course.  Still though, there's something to be said for letting a pack dry out... especially after sweating through it.

Then here you go.

xor

Thanks.

Still gonna let my pack dry out after sweating through it.  Permafunk on a pack is bad news... because it will then funk up other things.

I wash my Nathan Pack and let it air dry. Typically is dry the next day.

EDIT: Wow, three pages and no real sidetracks.

xhristopher

Then here you go.

Those are ok, if you like, but recycling plastic grocery bags and using ziplocks will work just as well and are easy to come by.

Grocery bags typically have holes in them. So if you are using ziplocs, why bother with the grocery bag anyway?

xhristopher

I wash my Nathan Pack and let it air dry. Typically is dry the next day.

EDIT: Wow, three pages and no real sidetracks.

permafunk management aside.

FWIW... the REI bag does well in the washer and  dries quickly.

xhristopher

Grocery bags typically have holes in them. So if you are using ziplocs, why bother with the grocery bag anyway?

We're not talking about kayaking here. I'll bet you have so many grocery bags you could double them up.

xor

permafunk management aside.

FWIW... the REI bag does well in the washer and  dries quickly.

I don't think permafunk management is a sidetrack.  I think it is perhaps one of the more important aspects of commuting by running.  Can't be viewed as any more/less important than whether a grocery bag is reasonable or not.

xhristopher

I don't think permafunk management is a sidetrack.  I think it is perhaps one of the more important aspects of commuting by running.  Can't be viewed as any more/less important than whether a grocery bag is reasonable or not.

Fair enough. If your running to work permafunk management could be critical.

I think I just wanted to get a chance to say permafunk. 

Best Present Ever

Do you carry a pager, as well?  I have two Blackberries - personal and work.  I figure I can put one in my arm pocket but having run with one in my pocket in the past, I hated all jossling around.  I guess I could clip theother one to my tights or something.

xhristopher

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that?

Just saw this buried under a page and a half of discussion about bags and funk...

Yes, Quenton, I get it. I know it's about the miles. I like my family and can't quit work. So, I guess thats why I'm slowly becoming a night jogger and a commuter runner.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You misunderstand.  You commented about "the secret".  Mikey answered that there is no secret.  His reference to OAR went totally unnoticed.  So I raised the stakes.  And even then, it nearly went unnoticed. 

But MIkey, I noticed.  Even if xhristopher did not.  Until now.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

In my case it's a matter of Degree.

I'm Sure.

His reference to OAR went totally unnoticed. 

How many times can he break till he's shattered?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                              dennrunner

You misunderstand.  You commented about "the secret".  Mikey answered that there is no secret.  His reference to OAR went totally unnoticed.  So I raised the stakes.  And even then, it nearly went unnoticed. 

But MIkey, I noticed.  Even if xhristopher did not.  Until now.

I was thinking more Kevin Beck than OAR, but the secret is basically the same.