Workout comments (Read 918 times)

L Train

When you post a reply, everyone that has commented on your workout will receive a notification. 

Thanks, Eric. When everyone receives a notification, will it show up in their own comments summary?  If not, how will they know where to search to find the comment if they have made multiple comments to multiple people?  I'm not sure I'm being clear; hopefully you get what I'm asking.   Perhaps I should just wait and see how it goes.

L Train

I like the new layout.  And I like that's it's sorted most recent first.  And I like that I see not only my own workouts with comments in the summary but it shows me all the other workouts of other people on which I've commented.  A big improvement over something that was already pretty good, I'd say, thank you Eric. 

I concur.  Thank you very much Eric. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Lately when I get on RA and have a little red thing that indicates I have a workout comment, I'll go to the workout comment page and nothing new will be there.  Then, several hours, or even days later, the comment will show up.  Anyone else have this or is is simply because my workouts are too slow?

I figured out a way to solve this and it's called un-check the box labeled "Allow other users to comment on my workouts."

Exercise your free speech elsewhere, beotches!!

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like the new layout.  And I like that's it's sorted most recent first.  And I like that I see not only my own workouts with comments in the summary but it shows me all the other workouts of other people on which I've commented.  A big improvement over something that was already pretty good, I'd say, thank you Eric. 

Wow. That's neat.

(Bizarre -- when I posted this comment, it appeared to not post. Follow-up: I was unsuccessfully subscribed to this thread, apparently, so posts & mods went to the verify screen, but actually did succeed - I just didn't know that.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

L Train

I figured out a way to solve this and it's called un-check the box labeled "Allow other users to comment on my workouts."

Exercise your free speech elsewhere, beotches!!

Aren't you Mr. Grumpypants.

Aren't you Mr. Grumpypants.

YOU'RE GODDAM RIGHT I AM!!!

Runners run

eric :)

Wow. That's neat.

(Bizarre -- when I posted this comment, it appeared to not post. Follow-up: I was unsuccessfully subscribed to this thread, apparently, so posts & mods went to the verify screen, but actually did succeed - I just didn't know that.)

What'chu talkin' about, Willis?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What'chu talkin' about, Willis?

Push subscribe, but then bail out at the Verify address screen, instead of proceeding. Thereafter, you are "kind of subscribed" (I'm not sure as to the status) to the thread, but any time you post, or modify an existing comment, it sends you to the Verify screen -- but it silently completes the post/modify. At first I didn't realize they were silently succeeding.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

L Train

Hey eric -

Let's say I make a comment in someone's log, and they comment back.  I now am notified of that comment, which is great. 

It would be cool if then I could just comment again from that screen.  As it stands now, if I want to comment back, I have to either send a PM or go to that person's workout that day and enter a new comment. 

Anyway, this is very, very minor but something that occured to me.  Perhaps I should just run more.

L Train

...or comment less.

Purdey

Self anointed title

the latter.

Wink

eric :)

Hey eric -

Let's say I make a comment in someone's log, and they comment back.  I now am notified of that comment, which is great. 

It would be cool if then I could just comment again from that screen.  As it stands now, if I want to comment back, I have to either send a PM or go to that person's workout that day and enter a new comment. 

Anyway, this is very, very minor but something that occured to me.  Perhaps I should just run more.

You're right.  It would be more convenient.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

susannelson

Ι read it with pleasure. Really interesting article!! Hotmail Sign In