Are you a "dog" (social) or "cat" (I run by myself) runner? (Read 314 times)

Because we need another poll that isn't fishing for business ideas...I used to be exclusively a cat runner but now enjoy running with groups.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Half Fanatic #846

Although I'd like to be a dog sometimes, there aren't any others close enough or on the same general schedule to make it worthwhile joining, so I'm a cat.  If I could though, I'd even promise to wear shoes.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Meow. Running is "me" time. Sometimes it's nice to share, but mostly I want to be alone.

Don't get me wrong...I like other people.  But most definitely: meow.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Mostly alone because I'm highly internal and like to pay attention to my effort level and form, and simply don't have the energy to monitor others, too. But sometimes I enjoy track workouts with others so I can pace off of them and push myself.  I mean, I do good workouts on my own, too, but sometimes it's good to change it up and simulate racing a little.  Also to make sure I"m not overdoing or underdoing it, as I might on my own.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm a Hyena runner - I like to run in packs and tear apart the loner prey.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

Apparently you haven't met my cat.

far_2_far_2_fast

Cat by preference, dog if I can find someone for track workouts.

AnneCA

Anti-social runner, so, meow?  But I run with my dog now, and while he loves running with me, he hates cats.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Apparently you haven't met my cat.

Only one of the 7 I've lived with has been anti-social!

I'm a cat runner but a dog cyclist.  I don't often enjoy riding alone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

beat

Break on through

Flightless bird.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I dislike cats.They're relatively indoor creatures. I run alone outdoors, but will not vote as cat. I'll pet friendly dogs and an occasional dog will run with me.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Most of the time I meow. Occasionally, my boyfriend will come along (more like I drag him because I'm not a cat person).

5K: 33:21 (2013)

A Saucy Wench

I used to have a group of friends that ran together.  In fact it is really how we became close friends.  But before that I was a cat and out of necessity I am relearning how to be a cat.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm the only one who has voted, "bark more than meow!"  I've had a running partner since 2006, and we run together two or three times a week.  The other times, I'm on my own.  I like running with her, because even though she's 12 years older than I am, she's faster and always pushes me to do more than I think I can.