Hey Zoom.. (Read 1209 times)

Double IPA Please!

The NB's in your avatar are sweet- what model are they? Wait- are they NB's?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, 903 (lightweight, mild stability trainer). I actually just put them on for the first time and plan to go run in them for a bit. They are the update of my beloved 902s. They feel even more spectacular on my feet, so I have a feeling it's gonna be love at first run. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Double IPA Please!

Oooh, Do share when you come back. I did a search on them after I saw them. They call the color persimmon (sp?)..very nice. They would be good for my dawgs as well.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

I run in the 903 too, and like them very much.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oooh, Do share when you come back. I did a search on them after I saw them. They call the color persimmon (sp?)..very nice. They would be good for my dawgs as well.
            AND NB has a boatload of gear to match the shoes. VERY dangerous. I wish they'd make a tech hat in that color. Did my first 7 miler in them and they were PERFECT. I love my 902s, but I think I need to marry my 903s. I wonder if polyandry is legal anywhere in the US.... Seriously, it's like they made a mold of my foot and said "hey, this is what you need to build the women's 8 wides around." Big grin The fit is fantastic...still hugs my heel right and is snug through the midfoot, yet roomy in the forefoot. My foot doesn't slip anywhere. Very good cush and flexibility. I don't think they changed the midsole or anything other than the upper. The stock insoles are still kinda meh...so I tossed 'em and am continuing to use the Sof Sole "Arch" insole, which has a bigger arch bump and no added stability features.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I run in the 903 too, and like them very much.
              Have you worn the 902, as well? Did you also find that NB nailed it with the 903? I love that they didn't mess it up. I'm paranoid that they will in the future...as I am really limited on shoes that will work for me. I recently tried the Saucony Progrid Guide, which was also fairly lightweight, cushy, and not too controlling...but it ate my left achilles, so I had to send them back. Finding a women's shoe that is wide, but narrow in the heels, not too stable, not too stiff...well, the 902/903 is about it.

~ Sarah Kay

Have you worn the 902, as well? ... I recently tried the Saucony Progrid Guide, which was also fairly lightweight, cushy, and not too controlling...but it ate my left achilles, so I had to send them back.
                Zoom: You and I have some things in common, but I haven't worn the 902. I like rotating performance trainers and a stability shoe, using the performance trainer for quality runs and the stability shoe for long runs. That said, the 903 works well enough that I feel comfortable using it for long runs. It's a great shoe. My other shoes are a PI, syncro Pace and Muzuno, wave alchemy. Have I mentioned that I'm about to by a Mazada 3speed.
                mb1973

Forget the shoes, are those your legs??? Wink Evil grin Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have I mentioned that I'm about to by a Mazada 3speed.
                    No...you bastard!!! The 3 speeds weren't even available when we bought ours...man, I would kill to drive one of those. Though sunroof/moonroof isn't available. I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice that AND fuel efficiency (and the stock 3s is still hella fun to drive...zoom-zoom). This week I should be able to start using my sunroof, again. Big grin MB, those are my chubby legs...almost a year ago. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Double IPA Please!

Wow, they sound great. I replaced my Sauc's today but my local running store did not carry that model NB, she said she could order them but I would rather try them on first. I ended up switching out my trustworthy Sauc's for Asic Gel Nimbus 9's..I'm gonna take em' for a ride here in a few. I am still tempted to perhaps order them and try them, the running store said they would have no problem selling them If I did not like the feel.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's a good plan. They seem to run pretty true to size...the one pair of Asics I had were also an 8, so at least sizing between Asics and NB would seem to be about the same. I tried the 902s on a whim and fell in love... Smile

~ Sarah Kay

A seven minute response delay to a shoe post specifically targeted to Zoomie? Eric, is there some kind of problem with the timestamp for these posts?

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

A seven minute response delay to a shoe post specifically targeted to Zoomie? Eric, is there some kind of problem with the timestamp for these posts?
                            Big grin Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wow, they sound great. I replaced my Sauc's today but my local running store did not carry that model NB, she said she could order them but I would rather try them on first. I ended up switching out my trustworthy Sauc's for Asic Gel Nimbus 9's..I'm gonna take em' for a ride here in a few. I am still tempted to perhaps order them and try them, the running store said they would have no problem selling them If I did not like the feel.
                              Did you try the Gel Nimbus 9's? What did you think? I love the 8's, but the 9's were too wide for me and had a shorter toe box than the 8's (for me-I have a freaky long 2nd toe-so I need long, not wide!)-so the 8's were better for me...but if you like the 9's I might check out the 903's... Zoom-Zoom-Your avatar makes them look so enticing...do you get a kickback from NB? If not, you should! Big grin
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-Zoom-Your avatar makes them look so enticing...do you get a kickback from NB? If not, you should! Big grin
                                NB and Dansko both owe me! Evil grin I don't get a kickback, but I am a wear-tester (I'd get on board with that for other companies if more offered wide shoes)...have only tested one shoe and didn't get to keep it, but it was fun to try a shoe without having to pay for it.

~ Sarah Kay