Fight with a flashlight (Read 488 times)

And I lost! A few days ago a flashlight fell on the top of my foot. After the initial "OH MY GOD, THAT HURT" scream...was the "this better not mess with my running" rant Roll eyes. Needless to say, a big huge knot formed on the top of my foot and it's been pretty darn sore for the past few days. I went to the dr on Saturday and she told me to go get an x-ray on Monday. Today is Monday and I didn't go. I know my insurance will only pay for a part of the x-ray and we are pretty broke at this time. It's still pretty sore on top when I touch it, but I can walk ok now and I can actually toe off, which I couldn't do yesterday. I'm hoping it was/is just soft tissue damage and not any bone issues. I really don't want to get an x-ray, but when I go out and run in the morning I don't want to be worried either. Does anyone (Trent!!) have any opinions for me. How likely is it that there is a bone messed up in there (fracture)? Should I go out for a run tomorrow without any worries? Please tell me I'm fine Big grin
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Most foot fractures are not anything that require treatment and are fine if you take a wait and see approach for a week or so. If you can run relatively pain-free, that is a good sign. If it hurts to run, wait another day.
        Thank you very much Trent! I appreciate your input. I went on a 5+ mile run today and my foot felt just fine! Yay!!