Mapping on IE 8 (Read 451 times)

DaveS

I attempted to map a new route on a couple of computers that have Internet Explorer 8 loaded with poor results. When I selected my starting point, the pointer immediately jumpted to hundreds of yards from the intended location. I tried this on two computers (both Windows XP and IE8 loaded) with the same result. I just built the same map on a machine with Windows Vista and IE 7 loaded and all is well. Could it be IE 8 causing the problem?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I would guess that IE8 is the issue. Your profile says you work for the government, which means if you're at work, yoou probably don't have the option to use a different browser. But if you can, I recommend using Firefox instead. (Not just for RA, either.)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Just Happy to Run

I would guess that IE8 is the issue. Your profile says you work for the government, which means if you're at work, yoou probably don't have the option to use a different browser. But if you can, I recommend using Firefox instead. (Not just for RA, either.)
        +1 I also have no problems with Google Chrome either...
        Jason

2010 Goals
        • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
          +1 Different Javascript frameworks don't work properly in IE8. There is a metatag to tell IE8 that it should work like IE7, however, then you can't get all the new features of IE8. I didn't find out all of them though Evil grin It is up to the owner of the site to implement that tag. And offcourse the developers of the frameworks should come with proper solutions to support IE8.
          eric :)

This is an IE8 problem. Changing it to compatibility mode will fix it. I will need to look into adding the meta tag to the mapping pages.
            DaveS

I selected "compatibility view" from the IE8 tools menu and all is well. Thanks for everyone for your help.