Groin pain (Read 584 times)

Hiya, I had a nagging pain in my inner thigh/groin area at the end of my last long run and then during my run today. I also got a stitch on the run today, the stitch seemed to disappear, and then when I started running again my groin hurt first and seemed to 'pull' and cause the stitch to return. I then ran the stitch out, but the groin pain was still there. It feels as though something is pulling on it, is this plain old groin strain? I would be really grateful if anyone has any advice on how you would go about sorting it out.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

invisible

You might have a slight hernia.
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
        Diddo on it sounds like a hernia. I'd get it check out. Hernias are not fun things to mess with, and you don't want it to get worse.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks for the feedback and advice. Haven't been running since Tuesday to see whether rest makes it feel any better and also thanks to developing a stinking cold. So far the pain has gradually decreased, so will wait until I am not full of cold before seeing how a gentle run goes and then making a Dr appointment if things feel odd again.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."