Color Run? Whats the Point (Read 477 times)

delicate flower

*eyeroll*

good for them. It's not my idea of fun and I think I'm entitled to that opinion.

I wasn't talking to you specifically.  They're not my thing either but I can understand why someone would want to do it.

<3

Hoban-Jay

Some people see that as fun...or more fun than "just running".  If that's what it takes to get a person out the door and running...then I'm all for it.  If that's their "goal" race/event and that's what keeps them running 4, 5, 6 days a week, then I certainly don't see it as a bad thing.  Same goes for the "mudder runs" and "adventure races".  I have no intention to run any of these, but I'm thrilled to see that they are attracting people who otherwise would not be exercising regularly.

Just a hunch but I am guessing people do those because they think it'll be FUN.  It's kind of dumb though that somebody would pay good money to do something that they think might be fun.

Yeah, like, going to an amusement park, or the beach, or a museum, or a vacation.  Might be fun.  But it might not be.

Jeff

+1

I understand thousands of folks like to do the Color Run, but an untimed run?   I miss how it can really be called a "running event" if it is not even timed.

Would they get just as many folks to participate if they called it the "Color Festival" instead of the Color Run?   Because that is what it is!  More of a 'fun' thing, not a 'run' thing.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

I can answer that question. To stay in shape, for the challenge, to push my limits and the list goes on.  I cannot develop the same list for the color runs.

A lot of people probably ask what's the point of just running, with no color, no mud, no R&R bands, etc. etc.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Just a hunch but I am guessing people do those because they think it'll be FUN.  It's kind of dumb though that somebody would pay good money to do something that they think might be fun.

I think this is what some people think when I tell them that I do triathlons. To each their own.

I think this is what some people think when I tell them that I do triathlons. To each their own.

You nailed it there.

People do what they want to do.  People, a lot of times, do what makes them happy.  Go figure.

If they want to spend money on an un-timed color run, where they get pelted with dyed cornstarch the entire time, and have fun, and then pretty much have a party afterwards, then that's they're business.  The horror...

And that it costs $35.

OK...tell me how that's worse than a round of golf, which probably cost more.  And you take a cart.  Good exercise.

Jeff

I just saw that my cousin liked a fb page called "Bad Prom Run". You buy thrift store prom attire, run a race (5k, I think) through bad prom themes and music, then have a dance party at the finish. For a brief moment, I started getting sucked in.

#artbydmcbride

I just saw that my cousin liked a fb page called "Bad Prom Run". You buy thrift store prom attire, run a race (5k, I think) through bad prom themes and music, then have a dance party at the finish. For a brief moment, I started getting sucked in.

Will they throw color on me too....'cause I'm getting tempted as well........Big grin

Runners run

If they time it and hand out medals, I'm in!

That does it. I'm pulling out the checkbook.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

They're not my thing either (not to mention I'm cheap), but a lot of my FB friends love doing those and the mud runs.  Whatever gets people out there and moving.

Mysecondnewname

I just saw someone at a local 10K with a "Color Run" T-Shirt that was spotless.

Sort of defeats the purpose, eh? Big grin

bishtanoop

My friends also told me about Color run. I am really so exited now to be a part of this event. It is going to happen soon in sacramento. I am running with my family and friends.

If they time it and hand out medals, I'm in!

To be quite frank, I'd pay to run in a bananahammock, as long as they have BEER at the end of the thing.

No matter how bad a running event turns out to be, BEER fixes it. :-)     (Well, Except when you finish a half marathon and the sponsor Beer is MGD-64) Sleepy

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞