The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Did I miss why Perry is now flat?

There's something going around.  He's not the only one.

Julia1971

He's a running fashion icon.  I'm so jealous of how well that jacket fits him.  Grrr!

A Saucy Wench

There's something going around.  He's not the only one.

I tried it.  It didnt take.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I tried it.  It didnt take.

Ouch - you're funny Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Perry, have you tried reducing carbs?

Kalsarikännit

Last chance for this very attractive Boston jacket.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Last chance for this very attractive Boston jacket.

That's pretty slick. But it doesn't say anything about the Celtics on the side you can see?

bhearn

A bit late, but this deserves to be crossposted from the swamp.

I think that I shall never see

Such douchery as the GSP.

Nerds who rail with fear and loathing

About a fucking piece of clothing

A frock that screams, "I QUALIFIED!"

And reeks of hobbyjogger pride.

The passersby will glance at it

And calmly think, "Who gives a shit?"

Oh unicorn! Oh neon piping!

I'm brought to tears as I'm typing.

This and more The Jacket uncorks

For wretched giant flaming dorks.

Awesome!
                    BeeRunB

I'm Betty if you're Al

Well...  I ordered the jacket last night.  I did it.  I know what you all are thinking to yourselves.  Any idiot with a credit card and the internet could do it.  Well it was hard for me so BACK OFF.  

Also I wanted to extend my thanks for making this thread more than 2 pages long (which is usually the length of other posts I've made). Yes, you could argue that we went off track for awhile, but I don't care.   I feel like I have been excepted into the cool kids club.  Thank you all.  The End.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm glad this jacket thread was such a positive experience for you, and all of us. Plus, we got a comic out of it. Pretty slick.

I realized last night that I have a problem.  I'm planning on the JFK 50 miler this fall.....and that race has a jacket also.  The problem is I can't decide which ranks higher, and thus which to wear, the Boston Jacket or the 50 miler jacket.  I'm thinking the only logical solution will be to wear them both at the same time, with one on backwards.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

xor

I wear my American River 50 jacket to marathons. I plan on wearing my Boston Jacket (pre-purchased, hanging in closet) to ultras.  I want everyone to sing kumbiya.