Men in Tights (Read 884 times)

I don't like the word "tights". Yeah, they keep my legs warm in the winter but, it's just not a very masculine sounding name. Unless your last name is Baryshnikov or you commute to work in the Batmobile, men shouldn't wear tights. Why hasn't some marketing genius come up with a better name? I'm uneasy admitting "I wore my tights on my run last night." but, I wouldn't saying "I'm employed my Lower Extremity Thermal Regulating System on last night's run." Or something else that could maybe turned into a cool acronym. Any ideas?

Prophet!

uhm...compression pants ?
      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Sounds like the sort of thing you wear when you are much, much older. Clowning around So I'm told. Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Uhm...yeah. I've never heard that phrase before but,I just googled it & it's all over the place. I've been running again for only about a year & a half. 20 years ago I wore sweatpants. I should get out more often. Thanks, Steve.
            Yeah I just call them tights. Since, you know, that's what they are.

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

Leotards? Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Actually I actually really like my action hero pants. They seem to be helping with my calf muscle issue. Do they make something compression for just the calf muscle.
                    2011 Goals:
                    Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                    Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Rim Rock Dad

Mel Brooks, the movie Men in Tights. They have a song where they call them "tight tights". Smile
                    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                      Hey Pete, don't be such a wimp - go out in your shorts!!!! Big grin
                        Instead of tights, how about "Lower body base layer?" RLTW Mike