Unnecessary warning signs (Read 2817 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

OK, I'm just thinking that after the 1 foot deep sign, the NO DIVING part is not necessary. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

xor

Hehe.  That's awesome.

This one isn't really unnecessary, but for at least 3 years now, I dunno what the hell to do.

(This is in the town of Hawi on the big island of Hawai'i).

You'll ruin your knees!

A warning on several levels... (Silverton, CO)

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

At first I thought the diving graphic was a woman with a spikey pony tail.  Now I believe it is a visual of the sound of a breaking neck.  Which is gross but effective.  I will no longer diver head first into a 1-foot pool.  These put the "pop tart may be hot when removing from toaster" warnings to shame.

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message

Which is gross but effective. 

This isn't the one I was looking for, but still pretty effective.

There was one on the fork lifts we used at work that showed a hand being pinched in the mast that was really gross.

You'll ruin your knees!

hmmm...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, this one actually isn't unnecessary, but still...

The diving one sorta comes across as "No breaking your neck while diving."

....And that grout needs to be cleaned, btw.

A warning on several levels... (Silverton, CO)

I was actually born in Silverton Colorado......probably in that same building......

Champions are made when no one is watching

That's not the hospital in the background, is it?

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

just a simple cat

Running is stupid

At first I thought the diving graphic was a woman with a spikey pony tail.  Now I believe it is a visual of the sound of a breaking neck.  Which is gross but effective.  I will no longer diver head first into a 1-foot pool.  These put the "pop tart may be hot when removing from toaster" warnings to shame.

Me too.  Thanks to your explanation I am now scared straight.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

I can't ever remember to take a picture - five weeks with your son in the hospital and you forget things like that.

The lift says - "If elevator stops working, do not be alarmed: Press the Alarm Button"

Well sh*t, I'm pressing the alarm button because I'm alarmed. Don't tell me not to be.

Just for you, zoomy...

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Needs more cowbell!

Just for you, zoomy...

Ha, we have one of those near us that has had some sort of bug...it doesn't display the 5th letter of any word.  I thought they might as well not have it posted at all (since it's not actually alerting to anything all that drastic in terms of traffic flow, anyhow)...or that they should give me the defective sign so that I could have fun with it. Big grin

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)