Lower Leg Training (Read 1924 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I thought I had big calves....Trent, put a measuring tape on those puppies. I am dying to know how big they are unflexed.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

16 1/2 inches around. Pictures to come...
        Calves running me up Pikes Peak marathon.
        You know what they say.... " it Aint the length, it's the GIRTH"....... Shocked My vote for " Hottie Man Stems of the year"...... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

The Greatest of All Time

You got me by 1/2 inch.

JakeKnight

You got me by 1/2 inch.
            Sigh. It's no fun hitting them out of the park when you toss up softballs like that. The joke's so obvious I'm not even gonna bother.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dayum...I just measured mine over tights...about 15.25" (so probably under 15"). You gots some serious legs, Mister! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Damn, 16.5" is impressive! All this measuring got me curious. 15.5" here. I've always had bird legs. Tongue Me on left:
                  Big calves aren't good guys. It adds weight to the lever. Look at Kenyans legs, small calves, small feet. The shorter and lighter the lever the quicker the leg swing. Just pointing that out. To the OP. Take a can of paint. Hang it from your toe and lift. You can progress by getting bigger and bigger cans. Resistance band is just as effective.
                  PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big calves aren't good guys. It adds weight to the lever. Look at Kenyans legs, small calves, small feet. The shorter and lighter the lever the quicker the leg swing. Just pointing that out.
                    Dayum! So it's my disproportionately large calves making me slow... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Dayum! So it's my disproportionately large calves making me slow... Wink
                      crap...I didn't need to know this....measured at 17.25 inches.....no wonder I am in the back of the pack....comes from too much weight lifting all these years Cry
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

....no wonder I am in the back of the pack....comes from too much weight lifting all these years Cry
                        Mine are big for no good reason. Even when I was a size 2 HS track runner my legs were tree trunk-like.

~ Sarah Kay

Mine are big for no good reason. Even when I was a size 2 HS track runner my legs were tree trunk-like.
                          Mine are too. My nick name growing up was "tree trunks", though I never ran until last year. Mine are 18". So much for a Kenyan time, I suppose...
                          Brandon

The Greatest of All Time

Mine used to be normal sized until I started cycling and they won't get smaller!!!

I used to have big calves and people would ask me if I did gymnastics (which I never did). Now I think they've actually slimmed down a little bit.

Michelle

The Greatest of All Time

I used to have big calves and people would ask me if I did gymnastics (which I never did). Now I think they've actually slimmed down a little bit.
                                How? I do resistance training in the gym 2-3 times per week and have done legs in the past, but my legs just got too damn big. I can look at a squat rack and feel my quads growing, but my upper body lags in comparison. My lower body looks something like a soccer player and my upper body like a boxer (and not a big one). I am so unbalanced. I think it's funny though when the huge gorilla dudes at the gym who have bird legs ask me what I do for leg workouts and I just say "run". They about shit themselves.