Seeking Hill for Sprints in East Bay (Read 67 times)

Tom Schneitter

Recreational runner in East Bay seeking a grass hill or hill on trail around 70-100m long to do hill sprints preferably in Oakland. Any suggestions appreciated.

AnneCA

Well, I'm a bit confused, because if you're in Oakland, you don't usually have to run far to run into a hill. For trails, you must have been to Redwood Regional?  The trail up from Canyon Meadow to East Ridge is a good one. Or, just outside of the park, there's a staging area off Redwood Rd, ... Bear something?  The trail south from there, toward Chabot, that gains quickly.

GKA

GKA

Anne has given you some great suggestions.  I will add Roberts Park also in the Oakland hills.  If you're willing to go a bit further Chabot is beautiful and has a variety of trails.  I also run up Park Blvd from the Glenview up to Montclair. Good luck, and have fun

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

Hi fellow Oakland runners! I wouldn't be surprised if some of us run past each other, I cross over Park Blvd between Glenview and Montclair on my usual run into Piedmont. Sibley and Joaquin Miller are two parks near me that both have some steeper trails, though I don't know trail names unfortunately.

Beautiful hills, permanently perfect weather, we pretty much live in running paradise here.

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
          Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/How_we_spend_our_days_is_of_course#6d0u8XhbCX1joSM7.99

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
          Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/How_we_spend_our_days_is_of_course#6d0u8XhbCX1joSM7.99

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

crgrace

Cardiac Hill on the Strawberry Canyon Fire Trail near the UC Berkeley campus sounds exactly like what you are looking for.  It is ludicrously steep and in a beautiful area.  If you don't want to run the whole fire trail getting there (parking is on Centennial past the football stadium, you can access the base of the hill directly from Panorama.

Have fun!