How much sleep do YOU get? (Read 716 times)

I've been running again since January and I am more tired now than ever...duh, right? Lately I probably average 6.5 hrs of sleep/night and it doesn't seem like enough. I definitely function better on 7.5-8 hrs sleep / night. I usually get up at 5:30 and run in the morning for a couple of miles with my dogs and then run at work at lunch. Just wondering if anyone else feels tired after work every day. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee at work and sometimes a MT Dew in the eve to keep me awake. How many hours of sleep can you function on without feeling tired all the time?
    Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
    obiebyke

I need at least 9. I'm serious. But it's different for everyone. FYI, the caffeine might be making it worse!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Oh Mighty Wing

ok so I go to bed around 9:00/9:30 and wake up at 5:15. so I get about 8 hours most nights.
        goat

Finder of good newts

If I'm running a lot - 9 hrs... If I'm not running I'm okay at 7.

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

I aim for 8, for real. I usually get more like 7 or 7.5 and I can get by on less in stretches but I have way more energy if I get 8. I get up between 5 and 5:30 to run on the weekdays.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

I aim for 8+ but dont always make it. I am a chronic insomniac so getting 6 is a good night for me, but my body needs more like 8 on the higher mileage. I usually get up at 5 ish to run and really like to be in bed no later than 9:30. Sometimes I will even tuck in at 8:30 if i have been falling behind. Quite the party lifestyle I lead! Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Half Fanatic #846

I'd like 7-8 hours of sleep a night. But I get home from work late at night and get to sleep at 1:00 AM. I like to get up to run at 6 AM when it's cooler out, which gives me only about 5 hours sleep - not enough. So I try to take a 2 hour nap after my run which normally works okay, but lately "things" have come up and I have skipped the nap, which is not good. This post is a good reminder for me to prioritize those naps!! Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I slept 4 hours last night.
                    I try and go to bed at 9:30 and get up around 5:30. it makes a big difference the more I'm exercising.
                      5 or 6 hours most nights, 7 on the weekends...
                        I've been getting 3-4 hours most nights lately, with more 1-2 hour nights than I'd like. 5 hours is tons for me. Hopefully this will get better now, though, as summer's beginning - this past quarter at school I had night classes followed by meetings that didn't end until 11 with homework to do after and class again at 8 in the morning, and that just didn't work out so well...
                        Lisa3.1

10 to 12 hours, depends when our 2 1/2 year old gets up.
                            I usually get 7.5-8.5 during the days I work. On the weekends I usually crash for 10 -12 hours. We dont have kids so I milk it as much as possible. SOmetimes the long sleeps leave me feeling groggy and like I'm in a fishbowl for the first few hours after I wake up so I know I am getting too much.....but I'm just enjoying it while i can....

I try to sleep 8 hours, but w/o extenuating circumstances have trouble sleeping more than 7. (Extenuating circumstances include running a 50k - slept about 9 hours per night for 4 or 5 days after that one.)

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I get about 4 hrs a night. Took a nap about 5:30. Up at 8:30. Out the door for 3 miler at 9. Hard to get to sleep after a run. I will be back up by 2am. Good night. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/