Stats not showing on WordPress (Read 655 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys, I've been trying to add the stats to the sidebar on my blog - I host it myself and so the script should be no problem, but it isn't showing up. Has anyone had success using the scripts in the sidebar of their self-hosted blogs? What do I need to do?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Lazy idiot

Hey guys, I've been trying to add the stats to the sidebar on my blog - I host it myself and so the script should be no problem, but it isn't showing up. Has anyone had success using the scripts in the sidebar of their self-hosted blogs? What do I need to do?
      This is a WordPress thing, as they allow no code to be used in their hosted blogs. I have a WP blog as well, and they don't work for me, either. If you really like WordPress, your option would be to host your own site. Then, you can do anything you want with your template. Hope this helps.

Tick tock

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks for the response. I thought I was clear in the post that I do host my own site. That's why I'm stumped. When I insert the snippet for the javascript, it still doesn't show up.

Paul

eric :)

theyapper66, Send me the url of your blog via the feedback page and I'll take a look. eric :-)
          theyapper

On the road again...

theyapper66, Send me the url of your blog via the feedback page and I'll take a look. eric :-)
            Sent. Thanks, Eric.

Paul

tonyturtle

I'm having the same problem as well.

Lazy idiot

Thanks for the response. I thought I was clear in the post that I do host my own site. That's why I'm stumped.
                Uh... it was clear. I can't read. Sorry. Wink

Tick tock

theyapper

On the road again...

No problem, DrewEOB! Eric really came through and we got it figured out. For the other poster having the same problem, the solution for me was that the script is written for xhtml and so it wasn't being recognized. Try changing the end of the code from <script> to