Contiguous checkbox (Read 584 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Because of the way you have to artifically split up one run into several different workout entries, it would be nice if you could tag the successive entries as "contiguous", or something, and the web application would calculate the time for each -- each one starts after the last one left off, because really it was all one contiguous run. It would save having to add up splits to figure out when each part started, which is what we have to do now, I think -- well, it's what I do, because I don't know any better, anyway.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

AmoresPerros, One may argue that calculating the starting time for each workout is not completely accurate since there will always be some down time between a warmup and the workout, and the workout and the cooldown. As I've said before, I'm working on a way to group related workouts together, which would provide a more chronologicially accurate representation of your data. eric Smile
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, I'm not talking about when do a warmdown. I mean, it might apply there sometimes, but what I'm talking about, is where I have to compute intermediate times that are right during an ongoing run. Let me try to see if I can manage to explain what I mean a bit more clearly. I'm talking about when it is a contiguous run -- no stopping -- but you pretend it is different runs because you mark different parts of it as different types: eg, inserting a tempo leg in the middle of a long run, or marking the hilly section in the middle of an easy run, or the beach section which started as you crossed onto the beach and ended as you crossed off the beach. Or the quicksand section that started as you entered the quicksand, and ended after you swam back out of it. Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Gig

I've actually been thinking about a different, but related (I think) feature request. I've got several regular routes I run, and some spurs that I add on some of the time. I've got them mapped, so I now go to my list of courses, add up the distances, and then enter my workout. It would be a little easier if I could select more than one course in a single workout to build that day's workout. That way, the computer could add the distances for me. Understand that I'm thrilled about having this website to go to, and if you didn't change a thing I would be just as grateful for all you do.