web server trouble on Apr 10? (Read 647 times)

sluggo

John

Did the runningahead.com web server have some kind of problem on Apr 10 at about 8 PM Boston, MA time? I was getting a lot of timeouts on my browser while trying to load the login and forum pages while other sites all seemed to load up just fine. Then, suddenly, runningahead.com started working loading up nicely too.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

eric :)

There was a hiccup at around that time last night. The database became overloaded so the server appeared to be unresponsive. After a while, the database aborted all the requests and everything resumed. Some pages require more work from the database. If many users hit the same pages at the same time, the database maybe overwhelmed. After I release the new log, I will look into these issues and see if I can rewrite them differently to reduce the frequencies of the hiccups. eric :-)
      sluggo

John

Thx for the response, Eric. I must say that your site is generally quite responsive. I guess that was why I was surprised last night...

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"