Spam and RunningAhead (Read 1821 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A little light reading...

xor

For the folks who are new and haven't been through the organic version of this...

What is the most proper way for users to report spam (isolated incident, kinda widespread like tonight, or super-widespread) and to whom should it be reported?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A PM to any of the moderators.

Or to Eric.

If it becomes a bigger problem, I wonder about a "report spam" link...

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

The spam that I was going to report was removed before I could report it.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

xor

A PM to any of the moderators.

Or to Eric.

If it becomes a bigger problem, I wonder about a "report spam" link...

Probably a good idea.  Also a page somewhere indicating who the moderators are.

Oh wait, here's the current list:

• zoom-zoom
            • Wingz
            • Trent
            • Neil Gunn
            • jlynnbob
            • NaderAlfie
            • Purdey
            • Run To Win
            • MilkTruck (based on something I saw this morning)

This does not include the administrators and owners of User Groups.

xor

The spam that I was going to report was removed before I could report it.

That's because our man Trent is a BAMF.

bhearn

Not sure if this is related to spam fighting, but we seem to have had a thread (house hunting sucks) vanish.
                eric :)

RA gets spams sporadically.  I looked at the posting pattern and it looked like the spam was created manually.  No software in the world can prevent this type of spam.  I've deleted the offending posts.

In the future, just send me an email with a link to the post and I'll get rid of it.

an amazing likeness

Not sure if this is related to spam fighting, but we seem to have had a thread (house hunting sucks) vanish.

It's there still...second topic (to this one) in Off Beaten Path -- but the House topic does seem to have dropped off the recent topics right-hand frame. 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Great Job on getting the spam  so fast.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

eric :)

The last topics list stores the reference to the last post of the latest topics.  Since the last post was the spam, it was removed from the list.

I also blocked that IP because I have a feeling the spammer may come back later tonight.