Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! (Read 565 times)

I went to get fitted for new running shoes (my last pair died at 487 miles) ... and the guy asked, "How do you feel about Nikes?" " I gave a non commital ummm-type noise. He said that Nike has really changed their running shoes, widened the shoe, etc. He brought out a pair and I tried them on, did a couple minutes on the treadmill, and LOVED THEM. I've always been a "don't wear Nike running shoes, they suck" person, and now, well, I'm running in these: Well I'll be damned!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw a pair of those today while I was with my MIL (she finally is getting rid of her godawful, ancient design Saucony Shadow and has a pretty new pair of Brooks Glycerine). I really like that shiny area on the side...pretty! Hubby was pretty fascinated by the Frees, too. He used to wear those spandexy Nikes back in the early 90s. If Nike made more styles in truely wide widths I might try them again. I had a pair of Airs years ago that I really liked (until one of the chambers got a leak and went hiss hiss hiss with each step). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I really like that shiny area on the side...pretty!
        Not only is it pretty Wink -- it's FUNCTIONAL. It's kind of elastic-y ... so when your foot hits the ground and expands, it expands with your foot Yes
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's very cool! I'll bet people with bunions would like that. I wonder if Eryn is familiar with that shoe...she has some painful issues with her feet that might be helped by a shoe like that. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

those look cool! I haven't owned a pair of their running shoes for a few years now, but I really like the Frees. Smile

Jennifer mm#1231