These vegans are scaring me... (Read 1069 times)

JakeKnight

What is your definition of limiting? I just limit the number of meals in which I consume meat. When I do eat meat, it usually is 8 to 12oz. My theory is that reducing meat consumptions keeps plaque from building up in one's colon. Yes, we get plaque in there and in our arteries. This is why, I get a monthly colonic irrigation to flush everything out, and eat lots of beans and veggies. A good indicator for determining if you are eating right is how fast your waste decomposes. If it's taking more than 2 days, you are eating some bad stuff. Just kidding on the colonic irrigation
    I'm speechless. And I don't even want to know how exactly you measure the speed at which your waste decomposes. I'm guessing Tupperware and a stopwatch. But I really don't wanna know. Maybe I read that wrong. Maybe I'm never coming to dinner at your place.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

please tell me K that you went in there and stirred up a big ol' vat of shit! those freaks are beyound loony!! If i had the $$, i'd sign them all up for shipments from Omaha Steaks...lol
      Shy? 'methinks not so much...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm speechless. And I don't even want to know how exactly you measure the speed at which your waste decomposes. I'm guessing Tupperware and a stopwatch. But I really don't wanna know. Maybe I read that wrong. Maybe I'm never coming to dinner at your place.
        Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket the rest of that vegan rambling is just silly. Roll eyes and let me just say that it SUCKS that I cannot figure out the codes on this board. duh!

Jennifer mm#1231

Wait, you're mad that people are insulting runners so you come here and insult them? That's logical. Being a runner and vegan aren't mutually exclusive. I'm a runner and a vegan. Scott Jurek is a runner and a vegan. Catra Corbett is a runner and a vegan. I'm sure there are more, but I'm just sticking to the big names (like me!) Sadly, there's just as much mythologizing out there about runners as there is about vegans I'm a frigid cold bitch on both fronts. Oh, and don't forget the eating disorder. Claire, I'm sorry you weren't joyful as a vegan but plenty of vegans are. Most of us aren't abusive vegan totalitarians threatening to kick out someone at the mere mention of cheese. In fact, plenty of vegans live with omnivore spouses quite happily. I experience joy everyday in the decisions I am making based on my ethics and principles. Sure, they aren't the same as everyone else's but that doesn't make me a mean, bad person. Vegans and runners both catch a lot of shit for the same reason: we have chosen to be a lifestyle minority. You want people to respect your choice? Respect theirs.
          2008 Goals
        • Run 1250 miles
        • Get down to 135!
        • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
        • Chris UK

A good indicator for determining if you are eating right is how fast your waste decomposes. If it's taking more than 2 days, you are eating some bad stuff.
            Sometimes shit happens!!

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Renee...the point wasn't that they were vegans, but that they were making such incredibly ludicrous and unfounded statements about runners, in general. They were also making veganism out to be the cure-all for every ailment known to man (and professing that exercise is worse than worthless). I was mocking them as idiots using straw man arguments and outright lies to justify their dietary choices and disdain for fitness and paint all others diets poorly. Not because they choose not to eat meat or other animal products. I would have rolled my eyes just as hard at anyone making similar, untrue statements/deductions towards runners, regardless of their meat-eating stance. I just happened to stumble upon those particular clowns ripping on runners and fitness oriented folks. I'm sure if I looked that I could find more carnivorous groups ripping on exercise, too. You, of all people, must agree that diet alone doesn't make us healthy...otherwise you wouldn't be here, right?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should add that the description of their forum is "This Forum is about seeking the truth by using the scientific method, evidence and logic. We cast aside all prejudices and preconceptions." How does what they posted follow any form of scientific method, evidence, or logic? It sounds to me like they have some heavy prejudices against those who engage in strenuous exercise, particulary runners. k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Vegans and runners both catch a lot of shit for the same reason: we have chosen to be a lifestyle minority. You want people to respect your choice? Respect theirs.
                  Um, no. Am I going to respect people who gleefully, eagerly, and very publicly go out of their way to spread absolute lies - either through willful, abject ignorance, or (and here's my guess) maliciously, through their own self-induced politically-motivated brainwashing? Again - um, no. They didn't get a fact right. Not. One. Fact. About runners, about the military (two groups I hold rather dear), about any of it. To call it propaganda is an insult to propaganda. Tell you what: the next time I see a bunch of runners out picketing and protesting and tossing blood on people for not joining their local running club, you might have a point. Until then, comparing runners in general to people like these morons is way beyond ludicrous. Vegans "catch shit" not because of what THEY do - but what they (too many of them, anyway) insist OTHER people do. Again - when I see runners guilt-tripping non-runners routinely, I'll admit the comparison. For now, puh-leeze. And for the record, my problem with these people has nothing whatsoever to do with their diet. Their "lifestyle minority" group isn't "Vegans" - it's "assholes." Vegans are fine. I don't care what people eat. But THESE idiots get no respect from me. And sadly, they ain't necessarily in the minority. I'm going running. Finally. If I survive that death defying feat, I'm going out for some prime rib. As rare as they'll make it. I hope it's still mooing. I'll probably be dead within an hour or two. Since I'm also a ruthless killing machine, this may end up being a suicide and a homicide. It's gonna be ugly. I'd ask for your prayers, but that's probably offensive these days. I'll just have to go it alone. Maybe we can pray for the cow.
                  I should add that the description of their forum is "This Forum is about seeking the truth by using the scientific method, evidence and logic. We cast aside all prejudices and preconceptions."
                  Yeah - the best part of all? They call the place "TruthSeekers." No joke.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

JK's really just a dirty hippie at heart, standing up for the values of peace, love, truth, and tolerance. Don't let his big talk fool you.
                    mikeymike

I'm a runner and I don't catch a lot of shit.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a runner and I don't catch a lot of shit.
                        I really don't, either. I catch more "wow...you're nuts" (especially when people look at the miles I have run in some pretty brutal MI Winter weather) but the "nuts" is implied as bravery, diligence, and committment, not 'insanity'. I've had quite a few friends ask me for advice on getting started running and give me encouragement, too. And the people who knew me as a 185# size 16 really give me a lot of kudos for how far I've come...literally and figuratively. k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

I like meat & dairy products. I like vegetables & fruits. I love all girls, vegan,vegetarian or meat lovers. oh, and I'm sort of a closet runner. And there are far more scarier people in this world than vegans...like fast, very competitive, elitist hippies, doctors who runs and post messages at running forums at the same time, oh and grad students.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And there are far more scarier people in this world than vegans...like fast, very competitive, elitist hippies, doctors who runs and post messages at running forums at the same time, oh and grad students.
                            Don't forget that smell in my car... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Do people get aggresive on these boards often? I love this thread. The original link made me giggle and then somebody came along and defended it. I loved the Scott Jurek bit.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do people get aggresive on these boards often?
                                Here or Delphi? The political boards on Delphi are SKEERY! I think you just like the poo fermentation talk. Really, isn't that what life is all about...? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay