Bear Mountain almost sold out!! (Read 447 times)

Hi, I just got word that The North Face Endurance Challenge in Bear Mountain, NY is almost sold out and is likely to cap registration at the end of the week! All events are now likely to sell out as each date draws closer. ________________________________________ Original Post: In 2008 , The North Face Endurance Challenge once again welcomes all runners who wish to push their personal limits. Whether you are an aspiring 10K trail runner or an elite ultramarathoner looking to boost your performance to the next level , The North Face Endurance Challenge invites you to explore your potential. Run farther than you ever have. If you've run a 5K , try a 10K. If you've completed a marathon , attempt your first 50K ultramarathon. The North Face Endurance Challenge offers options for runners of all levels. Each event offers four distances: 10K , Half Marathon , 50K , and 50-Mile. Starting times are staggered so that most runners complete their races around the same time. Bear Mountain , NY- April 12 Seattle-Bellingham , WA - May 10 Washington , DC - September 6 Madison , WI - October 18 San Francisco , CA - December 6 Register and Details: www.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge See you there!
      From what I understand the race is now sold out. I am hitting the 10k, looking forward to the race, though I am not to pleased about the hoops you have to go through to pick up your race packet. Since there is no race day pickup the options are: going to NYC North Face store the day before the race, traveling to Bear Mtn the day before the race, or paying our good friends at active.com $17.50 to mail it. Unfortunately since I live three hours a way from the site, I will be paying active and having it delivered. I hope the race is worth all the hassle. BTW the packet pickup info was not available when I signed up.