First one hour + run (Read 811 times)

De-slacking in progress

I just set out to run a 10k practice easy run distance I laid out but I felt so good I kept running a little further. I had my HRM set to show HR only, no time , as I just wanted to run nice and easy without putting on time constaints on myself (I would had ran faster had I known the time). I finally ended up back at home in the 85 degree, high humidity heat and stopped my watch. I ran for one hour and 15 mins NON stop. Went and measured course- it ended up being 6.7 miles which equates to a slow but easy 11mm. For the first time, I experienced the runners high or either that I was just low on blood sugar Big grin. I really felt good and could had ran further. But my goal right now is to just run to build endurance and mileage. This was my first 20+ week. Ran a total of 24 miles and my body didn't rebel. I feel fine. So- slow and easy it is for the long runs for me. Will do tempo/pace running on my 3-4 milers. Another goal acoomplished (10k distance)

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Way to go .Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Its a good feeling isnt it.....next thing you know, you will be posting that you ran 10 miles and then a 1/2 M........your on your way now...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Great job! I especially love that you didn't even know how far you'd gone until after. Congratulations. Smile
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run

A Saucy Wench

awesome!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

sabend

Congratulations! I'm still in the first month of running, but even I can think of how satisfying that must feel. That's so great!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For the first time, I experienced the runners high or either that I was just low on blood sugar Big grin.
                Nah, low blood sugar is not a good feeling...at all. You definitely got the runner's high, baby! WTG! I predict that you'll be looking back in 6 months and an hour run will be a mid-length or maybe even short run for you. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats! Great job on your progress Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Kudos! That's great!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Another Passion

Well done on both accomplishments slaptear! Keep knocking off those milestones!

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Just wanted to say congrats! I experienced that runner's high last night after I ran 35 minutes and knew I could've gone a lot longer. It is such a good feeling - I can't wait until I do my first 1 hour run. Thanks for sharing.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Giants Fan

Great job!!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz