What's best for rehydration after running? (Read 497 times)

old woman w/hobby

Water.

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

All of the above, except maybe the pond/lake/sea water, i'd likely drink from a stream if desperate enough. Last week ran though some sprinklers, and gladly let the water hit my mouth, knowing it was municipal water albeit coming thorough moss covered hoses.

I love sparkling water after a run and always.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Crap! I forgot IV, the quickest way to rehydration after a marathon.

Super Pro Lurker

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good. But really I mostly drink water and sometimes eat salty snacks if I have a craving.

Ultragen. But it's more about the carbs and the BCAAs than hydration.

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good.

Guess again.

Is this a trick question?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I'll usually down a large glass of chocolate milk for recovery and then head to 7-11 for a Super Big Gulp of diet pepsi or diet coke.

Not really a water drinker and that gets about 1.5 litres of fluid through me quickly

2015 Goals

2500 miles 

Enjoy my first Boston Marathon

5k - 19:30

10k - 40:30?

21k - 1:29:59

Arimathea

Tessa

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good. But really I mostly drink water and sometimes eat salty snacks if I have a craving.

If you had ever tried it you would not have chosen it. Stagnant pond water would be better than Ultima. That and Heed are the only things I have ever spat out at an aid station.

Arimathea

Tessa

Most of the time, diet Coke. After a very long run, full or ultra, I vote for a margarita. Lime juice for potassium, salt for sodium, ice for rehydration, and tequila to kill any pain. Perfect postrace beverage.

Cheap and Evil Girl

I drink water but after my run I also have my fiber drink.  It's nasty, so I add the fiber to water, then add a couple scoops of hot cocoa mix to make it taste better.  I don't know where that falls in the poll, but it is what works for me.

Leah

I drink a smoothie or shake after my morning run, but that is more about nutrients than hydration.

When I am looking specifically for hydration I reach for sports drink (Gatorade or Nuun) if I can feel salt on my face. Otherwise water is fine.

--

Nashville, TN

Julia1971

Crap! I forgot IV, the quickest way to rehydration after a marathon.

And Slurpee!  Unless Slurpees are adult frozen beverages.  I'm thinking they are...

Fate loves the fearless. – James Russell Lowell

Check out my blog: JT Running DC