When you're feeling down and out... (Read 801 times)

Just Be

... and all you want to do is quit: remember, if it didn't hurt - if it didn't take determination - then it woulnd't be a thing of beauty. Stay positive everyone! Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

^^^ what he said ^^^

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How did you know I needed that?? I ran my longest distance ever, 9.6 miles, yesterday. I was planning on 5 miles today, but I'm hurting too much! Sore everywhere plus headache. So thanks for the encouragement!
        C-R

Right on!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just Be

How did you know I needed that?? I ran my longest distance ever, 9.6 miles, yesterday. I was planning on 5 miles today, but I'm hurting too much! Sore everywhere plus headache. So thanks for the encouragement!
            No problem at all! Smile Congrats on your 9.6 mile run, that's impressive! BTW, how's your son doing?

Lia's Daddy

Great job Teresa!
              "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
                Congrats! Did my longest run yesterday too, 9 miles @ a 9:15 pace (several water stops w/ watch paused though). Felt like I could have done more but ran out of time and didn't want to push it too much. My upper quads are a little sore but my legs feel surprisingly good overall... hopefully I can grind out another 4-5 today.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

No problem at all! Smile Congrats on your 9.6 mile run, that's impressive! BTW, how's your son doing?
                  Thanks! DS had his first outdoor track meet yesterday. He's been training hard and was looking forward to it, but he was a little disappointed. I guess it's relative! His 1600 time was 4:46.5 (his mile PR from a couple of months ago is 4:43) and his 3200 time was 10:30. What really bugged him was that another sophomore on his team, who's been slacking off, ran the 1600 in 4:29! In the 1600, DS started out really fast on purpose (4:30 pace), so he just has to keep working on knowing how hard to push.
                    Thanks! DS had his first outdoor track meet yesterday. He's been training hard and was looking forward to it, but he was a little disappointed. I guess it's relative! His 1600 time was 4:46.5 (his mile PR from a couple of months ago is 4:43) and his 3200 time was 10:30. What really bugged him was that another sophomore on his team, who's been slacking off, ran the 1600 in 4:29! In the 1600, DS started out really fast on purpose (4:30 pace), so he just has to keep working on knowing how hard to push.
                    Sounds like he is doing just fine to me... it also sounds like the other sophomore is pretty dang good for a sophomore (he'd be right up there with the best milers on our team, even with the time added in the conversion)... well, I wish your son luck, and hopefully he'll be able to overtake that slacker! Smile
                    PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season