Stevie Ray's Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon Report (Read 614 times)

xor

Here is a report for a quirky marathon... 26.2 miles of gentle, rail-to-trails downhill. All downhill. Oh yeah. With a 2.3 mile long dark tunnel at the beginning. "If you see one light, that's just the other end of the tunnel. If you see two lights, one is probably a mountain bike." All downhill. Fast, right? Not for me it wasn't. Especially with only one heel's worth of skin on two heels. As always, links to reports for 100ish other marathons and ultras can be found on my schedules over there.

A Saucy Wench

Just finished reading it after reading the Aspen one. Maybe I'll give this one a try some year.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Mcl, Thanks for the report. I was glad for the chance to meet you before the race. Your report keeps echoing in my head (and quads), I pretty much imploded at M16 and had to run/walk the last 10 miles. I couldn't stomach anything after M18, the best I could do was rinsing my mouth out periodically. I can relate to the bee sting. While not stung, I had these two annoying bees circling me from M8 through M20. I'm sure people coming up behind me thought I was crazy, swinging my arms trying to shoo them away Smile See you down the road

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

mummydust

McL, I enjoy reading your reports, especially if I am also at that race. That was a quality event in a beautiful setting...I hope that it does not get too popular. For the first and probably only time ever, I passed you (at mile 19). Everything went right for me at that race. I am paying for it now though with a toenail about to come off. Hope you are back to your best form soon. MM660 Marathon PR = 3:48:11 at Light at the End of the Tunnel (8-17-08)
          xor

Yeah gumbee, those bees were wacky. Another race for bees is the September Timberline Marathon near Mt Hood... bees aplenty! Hi Andy - I assure you that you'll be passing me lots. You ran a great race at Tunnel, perfect splits. Don't worry about the toenail. When it falls off, keep it for luck. Bake it in a pie!

Bugs

Sounds like a very interesting marathon. I've only ran "big-crowds marathons" and always wonder how I'd do when I basically only had me to get me through it, you know, you do great. Well done! Hope your heel heals quickly, it sounds very painful.

Bugs

Bugs, I'm sure you would do fine. It's just a more crowded than usual weekly long run Smile

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Dave

Great race report. As painful as it sounded, it helps others (ok, me) put some of my own painful long runs in perspective Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Bugs, I'm sure you would do fine. It's just a more crowded than usual weekly long run Smile
                    I don't know, I'm one of those lame geeks that need their name on my shirt. Roll eyes srlopez, I got my first heel blister today. I'm feeling your pain. Sucks

Bugs