Jeffgo...Mountaineers. (Read 844 times)

Why is it sideways?

As resident hillbilly, it is my duty to remind you that the Appy State Mountaineers (my brother is a grad) now own the Big House. You must change your name to jeffgodivI-AA. Evil grin
    mikeymike

At the post-game press conference, Appy State's coach, Jerry Moore, was heard to say, "They're not fixin' to quit playing football at Michigan, I can tell you that." Can you confirm that for us, Jeff (goblue)?

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sorry, still curled up in a fetal position while listening to R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" on repeat. I'll be ready to talk about football around October. 2008.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

As a Michigan alum, I can tell you that the only thing we are proud of in our team's loss is that it has brought so much joy to Appalachia. Black eye Gotta give the Mountaineers credit - they came to play. As to who I'd hate to be today... mgoblue.com/coach_bio.cfm?bio_id=3756§ion_id=257&top=2&level=3 Michigan's cross country teams look pretty good this year! Big grin

Why is it sideways?

Sorry, still curled up in a fetal position while listening to R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" on repeat.
            Hah! Sorry to rub it in guys, but couldn't resist. I'm a Vol fan, and we got our hats handed to us as well. So, will Carr stay or go?
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

So, will Carr stay or go?
              Before Saturday, I thought he was going to retire after this season. I'm sticking with that opinion, though it won't be the ride off into the sunset that I was hoping for...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Why is it sideways?

Did (Do) you like him? He always seemed like a jerk to me--I always thought Michigan could do better.
                  Gotta give the Mountaineers credit - they came to play.
                  It has to be intimidating for MICHIGAN players to step onto the Big House field for the first time, never mind Appalachian State players. Huge barely begins to describe the upset, they really did come to play and proved that speed kills.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Did (Do) you like [Carr]? He always seemed like a jerk to me--I always thought Michigan could do better.
                    Long bitter post that belongs in a sports forum edited down to: I've always liked Carr for running a clean program, winning 76% of his games, a national title, doing a good job graduating his players. I don't think he should or will be fired. But he is on my s**t list right now.

Why is it sideways?

I've always liked Carr for running a clean program, winning 76% of his games, a national title, doing a good job graduating his players. I don't think he should or will be fired. But he is on my s**t list right now.
                      Nice to hear that he graduates players. And 76% is pretty dang good. It would serve him well if they beat the Buckeyes.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It would serve him well if they beat the Buckeyes.
                        Lloyd has become a little like John Cooper was to OSU in the 90's. Win ~10 games a year, but have trouble beating his rival and winning bowl games. Carr has actually gone 6-6 against OSU and 5-7 in bowl games, neither of which is horrific. But the problem is that since the 2001 season, it's been 1-5 for both. Dead

Maryland got a W on Saturday ... but it was against Nova. Oh, and our back up quarterback, Josh Portis? Yeah, cheated on a pop quiz and is now academically ineligible for the rest of the season. Don't get me started! Surprised
                          2009: BQ?