<a></a> and such stuff. i am an idiot (Read 1006 times)

I have said before, I am a techno idiot (but, I have a laptop, Garmin 305 & iPod & other stuff, so there's hope.) See my groups or signature below? Tried to change in profile. Figured, it's a hyperlink so I put < a="" /><> those around it, but it didn't work. So, in the section where it says: Only the following HTML tags are permitted in the signature: < a="" />, < b="" />, < br="" />, < i="" /> , < li="" />, < pre="" />, < s="" />, < u="" />, < ul="" /> What do those things mean/do? (At least I realize to space them out.) I know the ones for posting/replying (underline, italices, bold, hyperlink) but which do I wanna use to make a link to my groups or whatever I may next want to put down there? Is it not hyperlink? Is there a primer or idiot page on the net that I could find, or do I just need to grab a random 7th grader?
    JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am not sure what they mean either, so I'll sit here and wait with you for the answers. Smile *sits cross legged on the floor and begins to hum a happy tune*
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        See my groups or signature below? Tried to change in profile. Figured, it's a hyperlink so I put < a="" /><> those around it, but it didn't work.
        Did you click the little box that says "Signature contains html"?

Amy

Outside Lane

See how they run...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Make sure the little box that says "contains HTML" is checked on your sig line... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Are we all good here?
                Not quite, but I'll deal later: I just went in and clicked the "Signature contains html" box to no avail. So, I will read that link. But first, taxes. Been procrastinatin', as I know my refund will have shrunk. And, I'm kickin' w/ some French wine.

What you have now is not proper HTML. Do this: < a="" href="http://runningahead.com/groups/Boston2008/" />Boston 2008<> < a="" href="http://runningahead.com/groups/DWARP/" />DWARP<> < a="" href="http://runningahead.com/groups/MMM/" />Marathon Madness Mob<> just remove the spaces
                    OK, maybe you can be my offline tutor, Eric Smile I'd pay you lots, but the taxman cameth strong and vicious this year. Angry Cry Shocked I took out the spaces, but it still don't look right.

I took the liberty and fixed it for you Smile
                        I took the liberty and fixed it for you Smile
                        Thanks. What was I doing wrong? (You can e-mail me offline, if you want, so as not to waste valuable space here.)

Thanks. What was I doing wrong? (You can e-mail me offline, if you want, so as not to waste valuable space here.)
                          I probably should have been more explicit by replacing the spaces you need to remove with some other character. You removed the space between the "a" and the "href", which the browser thinks is something else. You should be able to modify your signature now to make it look better.
                          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I wish that I could think of something to link to so that I could try my new knowledge. Wink Thanks Eric! And good question, Denphin! Wink
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."