Feedback for new running gear (Read 1990 times)

DespiteMyself

How about a short sleeve shirt that has a pocket on the sleeve to hold my ipod/smartphone?

.....with a little velcro at the opening so the heavy smartphone doesn't bounce out

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster

I'd like a new ankle.

Also, cheap shoes that don't change from year to year would be nice.

(Some of you need to learn to sew. It's easy enough to cobble together a pocket and sew it onto the inside of your shorts, or if you wear one, bra.)

Running shoes that don't expire and/or get changed or upgraded....  

It would be nice to find a pair of running shoes that I can buy year after year, but normally after a year (or less) there is a new version that doesn't feel the same and you're back to looking for shoes that you can run in again......

Champions are made when no one is watching

GPS running watch with an operating battery life of more than 36 hours.

running yogi

running shorts that won't ride up the middle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

running shorts that won't ride up the middle

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid this is to possess wider hips and relatively long/lean thighs.  I had this issue with traditional running shorts even in HS when I was a 115# equivalent of a current size 2.  Hence my love of compression shorts with leg-grippers. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DanB

+1, I'm really frustrated that it's nearly impossible to find running shorts that can hold a modern key/fab.

Another suggestion, shorts with 4 similar pockets inside the waistband or on the outside, designed to hold Gus or Powergels when you race.  The ones out there now are overblown, you could feed a family with what they hold.  I would think most people racing could make do with 4.  Right now I have to safety pin them inside the waistband and that can be uncomfortable and is certainly inconvenient.

+2 Lots of pockets!  When I travel I need pockets for room key, car keys (often large because of rental company fob), glasses....

2013 Goals.......

I'm too lazy to come up with my own winning lottery numbers.  Could someone go and buy me tonight's winning ticket?

Hi All,

In an effort to make products for runners that they actually find useful, we are putting some feelers out there to see what people say.

Please let me know if this seems spammy at all, we're just trying to get real feedback from the source.

So this will be really open ended… if you contribute please just say whatever comes to mind, cool?

Okay…

When you run or exercise, is there anything you need that you're not getting, any product you wish you had? 

Is there any particular part of your routine that you want to improve, such as safety, ability to carry things efficiently, hydration, communication tools, gps tracking, etc?

Thanks

Just curious...who are you??

RunningResearch

not $20 but nike still makes waffle racers Smile

http://www.sneakerhead.com/313497-003.html 

Honestly....  cheaper shoes.  I want my old school waffle racers that cost me $20 back.

An odd request, but how about making those little pockets on the inside of running shorts slightly bigger and with a hook & loop closer?  Most of the ones I have are not big enough to hold my car key.  Another option would be to go the route of the old Kangaroo shoes, with a pocket built into the shoe.

RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
                        RunningResearch

Censored due to spam
                          RunningResearch

thats a great suggestion, and quite a challenge. Might be simpler to just build more tracks?

It would be really great if you could organize and motivate local governments to build sidewalks and soft-surface running paths in major cities. We don't need more stuff, just more places.

RunningResearch

A few more hours in the day huh, http://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Expanded-Updated-Cutting-Edge/dp/0307465357

?

A few more hours in the day would be nice.  Other than that, I have everything I need.

RunningResearch

Technology: Have you tried the running app endomondo? Not sure but it may provide that functionality.

Headphones: There are some here for the iphone, http://store.tipb.com/apple-iphone-wireless-headphones.htm

Clothing: Have you tried a running belt?

Visor:Here are some face visors-  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=face+visor&x=0&y=0 

Technology:

When running in new places, I would love to be able to upload other's routes to my iphone or garmin, then follow the beeping dot.  I feel like such a program exists, yet I've yet to find it

Headphones: still waiting for a wireless wonder to emerge

Clothing:

Women's shorts with pockets.  I've only found one pair with enough pockets to hold more than a single key (roadrunners's brand) but since its recent re-design, i get puff in front and wedge in back

Visor: I'm really sun sensitive.  I wear sport spf 50 and visor on all runs and try to leave the house before the sun comes out.  My visor, however, doesn't do much more than shade the eyes.  I'd love a sun visor/hat that would provide full face coverage + sweat absorption.  

I'm assuming this awesome visor exists somewhere, but I've yet to find them.  That said, something I can wear to protect my face from the sun when riding my bike would be the ULTIMATE holy grail of sports accessories.